BBQ plans for the weekend? Youâ€™ve come to the right place! This recipe makes a great excuse to hit up the farmer’s market.Â Round up the best produce you can find and freshen up your grill with these light and amazing skewers.
Lemony Veggie Skewers
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained, sliced down the width, cut into squares, and then halved to form triangles
- 2 red bell peppers, washed, cored, seeded, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green zucchini squash, washed, cut width-wise into small circles
- 1 lemon
- Optional: your favorite lettuce or mixed greens
- 6 wooden or metal skewers (I purchased bamboo skewers from my local Whole Foods)
1. Place cut tofu on a baking dish. Squeeze lemon juice on top.
2. Put baking dish under broiler for 10 minutes.
3. Remove tofu from broiler, flip so the reverse sides are facing up, and add remaining vegetables.
4. Cook under broiler for additional 5 minutes until vegetables just start to brown.
5. Remove from oven, and when cool enough to touch, place broiled ingredients one by one on the skewers. My pattern went like this: tofu, red pepper, zucchini. Feel free to cater to your mood!
I served these over a bed of mixed greens with tangy bbq sauce on the side. Iâ€™d love to hear what youâ€™d do!