5.13.13
50 Reasons To Drink Wheatgrass Everyday

Wheatgrass is intense. And so is this list of fifty reasons get this powerful living green liquid straight into your belly.

Doctors Brian and Anna Maria Clement of the Hippocrates Health Institue are some of the leading voices in the field of natural healing. Just like a shot of fresh wheatgrass, these doctors will give it to you straight. If you’re looking for real, hard-core natural healing guidance we suggest you take the time to check out what they’re doing down in Florida.

Wheatgrass therapy is a practice the Clements highly recommend. Here are fifty reasons to drink wheatgrass that could convince even the most grass-averse reader to throw back a green glassful. Take a gander at these tips – and take note of our favorite way to take the shot: chased with a few sips of one our favorite green juice recipes here. There’s also the option of green powders, our top picks are listed here at every price point.

50 Reasons To Drink Wheatgrass Everyday

1. Wheatgrass Juice is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available today. However, to get the full benefit, the chlorophyll must come fresh from a living plant.

2. Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.

3. Wheatgrass juice contains up to 70% chlorophyll, which is an important blood builder. The chlorophyll molecules closely resemble that of the hemin molecule, the pigment which combines with protein to form hemoglobin. The major difference is the chlorophyll molecule contains magnesium as it’s central atom, and the hemin molecule contains iron. The molecular structure of these two substances is almost identical in all other respects.

4.Chlorophyll contains enzymes and super- oxide dismutase, a copper-containing protein found in mature red blood cells. This enzyme decomposes superoxide radicals in the body into a more manageable form, thereby helping to slow down the aging process.

5. Chlorophyll is the first product of light and, therefore, contains more light energy than any other food element.

6. Wheatgrass juice contains crude chlorophyll (as opposed to pure) and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without side effects. In addition, scientists have never found wheatgrass to be toxic in any amount when given to either animals or humans.

7. Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.

8. Chlorophyll is antibacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a natural healer. The United States Army exposed guinea pigs to lethal doses of radiation. The guinea pigs fed chlorophyll-rich vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli had half the mortality rate as those fed a non-chlorophyll diet.

9. Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 115 minerals from the soil.

10. Liquid chlorophyll has the ability to get into the tissue, where it can actually refine and renew them.

11. The bland soothing effect of chlorophyll (wheatgrass) ointments are very beneficial to the treatment of various skin diseases involving the outer and underlying layers of the skin, including: itching and burning of the rectum; ivy poisoning; weeping and dry eczema and even in conditions caused by insect bites or infection.

12. Doctors R. Redpath and J. C. Davis found chlorophyll packs inserted into the sinuses had a drying effect, clearing up congestion, and giving immediate relief. Congested head colds were cleared up within 24 hours.

13. Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.

14. Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.

15. Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.

16. Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.

17. In the American Journal of Surgery (1940), Benjamin Gruskin, M.D. recommends chlorophyll for its antiseptic benefits. The article suggests the following clinical uses for chlorophyll: to clear up foul smelling odors, neutralize Strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, to cure chronic sinusitis, overcome chronic inner ear inflammation and infection, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever, and cure advanced pyorrhea in many cases.

18. Dr. Birscher, a research scientist, called chlorophyll “concentrated sun power.” He said, “chlorophyll increases the function of the heart, affects the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus, and the lungs.”

19. Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.

20. Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. This is beneficial because the brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly- oxygenated environment.

21. It is a nutritionally complete food which will sustain the growth and development of laboratory animals and humans alike. Wheatgrass has what is called the grass-juice factor, which has been shown to keep herbivorous animals alive practically indefinitely.

22. Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables.

23. The starch of the wheat berry is stored energy which when converted to simpler sugars is a quick energy source. It is especially good for athletes because it is a juice and is assimilated in 20 minutes or less, and uses very little of the body’s energy to extract the nutrients…

24. Because 1 ounce of juice equals 2 pounds of produce nutritionally, it naturally shuts off the appestat in the brain.

25. Wheatgrass contains a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, including the thirteen essential ones, combined with dozens of trace elements and enzymes.

26. Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.

27. Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on wheatgrass to restore fertility. (The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones.)

28. Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even help to remove scars after it has been ingested for seven to eight months. The diet, of course, must be improved at the same time.

29. Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and can be used as a body deodorant.

30. A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the human diet helps prevent tooth decay.

31. Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will help eliminate toothaches. It pulls poisons from the gums.

32. Gargle wheatgrass juice for a sore throat.

33. Drink wheatgrass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.

34. Wheatgrass juice helps to keep the hair from graying.

35. Pyorrhea of the mouth: lay pulp of wheatgrass soaked in juice on diseased area in mouth or chew wheatgrass, spitting out the pulp.

36. Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.

37. Wheatgrass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed through the skin for nutrition. Pour green juice over your body in a tub of warm water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.

38. Wheatgrass implants (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying the colon walls. The implants also heal and cleanse the internal organs. After an enema is evacuated, implant 4 ounces of wheatgrass juice. Retain for 20 minutes.

39. Wheatgrass juice improves arthritis. Soak a cotton sock with 6 ounces and place on affected area, cover with plastic bag.

40. For minor eye irritation apply strained wheatgrass juice mixed with half pure water in an eye cup for 15 – 30 seconds.

41. Massage 6 ounces into the scalp and cover with shower cap for 15 minutes to help eliminate dandruff.

42. Wheatgrass juice can be used as a douche for many feminine complications.

43. Wheatgrass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowels open because it is high in magnesium.

44. Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.

45. Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.

46. Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.

47. Another benefit of wheatgrass is you can grow it in just about a weeks, right in your own home.

48. Wheatgrass is gluten-free because it’s cut before the grain forms.

49. Dr. Earp Thomas said, “Wheat is the king of all grain foods”. He found that an ounce of wheatgrass in a gallon of fluoridated water would turn the fluorine into harmless calcium-phosphate-fluoride compound. Used in wash water it adds softness to the face and hands. In the bath, it is most soothing. It stops bleeding, eases itching, and helps sores and pimples to heal. Dr. Thomas further discovered that fruits and vegetables contaminated by sprays were thoroughly cleaned and the negative food transformed by wash water with a wisp of wheatgrass placed in the water.

50. And finally – by taking wheatgrass juice, one may feel an increase in strength and endurance, renewed health and spirituality, and experience an overall sense of well-being.

Find out more about the health benefits of greens here. For weekly updates on all things wellness, subscribe to our weekly newsletter here!

1. Thank you so much for this article. I have a question though. What is the difference in taking a shot of wheatgrass or drinking Chlorophyll drops in your water? I’ve been using drops in my water for a while now. Does that provide the same benefit as wheatgrass?

funnygirlsrule | 05.13.2013 | Reply
    • Chlorophyll water is great for you and we encourage you to continue drinking – wonderful for your skin! Wheatgrass – in keeping with most “shots” – is super-concentrated and packs an intense punch.

The Chalkboard | 05.13.2013 | Reply
    • i hate wheat grass cause it is not readily available everywhere at a fair price but soda is available at a fair price. the american government does not want people to drink wheat grass and care for themselves. they want people to be sick, fat, and addicted to something and chasing after the so called american dream in a rotten poisoned apple

nesh | 07.09.2014 | Reply
      • If you can find a local Produce Junction in your neck of the woods, they might have it. Found a clam shell container of it for $2.25.

• you can grow it yourself for very cheap or get frozen chunks for less than a dollar an ounce

mec | 12.18.2014 | Reply
      • You can grow wheat in small trays at home and then easily can extract juice

amrit | 04.24.2015 | Reply
      • I totally agree with you

• Can you please direct to a good source of chlorophyll so that I can add to my water and also how many drops should I use? Thank you.

I was diagnosed with a condition that no one can treat and I want to cleanse my internal organs so I am going on a vegetable and fruit fast only. I think chlorophyll and water will add some benefits in this approach. I am going raw to heal my body of disease.

Mrs. Jimenez | 06.23.2015 | Reply
      • Direct me to…..sorry

Mrs. Jimenez | 06.23.2015 | Reply
      • Check out OrganicBurst.com I can’t wait to order again and I love their story

Alycia | 12.03.2015 | Reply
  2. I have recently started drinking wheat grass juice in the morning because I have heard of its many benefits. I don’t have a juicer though and bought the wheatgrass in powder form and mix it with water to drink. Are there still healthy benefits from taking it in this form?

Ashe | 05.13.2013 | Reply
    • Hi Ashe, still super healthy, but the fresher juiced the better.

The Chalkboard | 05.13.2013 | Reply
  3. Every time I see suggestions to use things like wheatgrass as part of your eye-care it totally undermines the rest of the article…. Definitely *drink* wheatgrass, but from an eye-doctor in training: please don’t use put wheatgrass in your eyes! so silly!

4. Sounds AMAZING!!! Can I buy the powdered form? Not sure where to get it? Any suggestions on best place to buy?

Beth | 05.15.2013 | Reply
    • Beth, fresh is best – but when necessary Amazing Grass and Nativas Naturals both make great powdered wheatgrass products!

Suzanne Hall | 05.15.2013 | Reply
      • I work with both Pines international and Garden Of Life who both produce RAW USDA Organic Wheatgrass powders so that is an option also.
        This article is great!

Cassie Miller | 12.13.2013 | Reply
    • You can find the powder form on mountainroseherbs.com for as low as $5 🙂

Kali | 03.26.2014 | Reply
    • Beth:

You can buy wheatgrass in powder form at a GNC store, or if you have a Jamba juice nearby they can provide a shot of the freshly squeezed variety. — To you health!!!

Craig | 06.22.2014 | Reply
      • the powder and actual wheatgrass juice are not even in the same stratosphere in terms of health benefits. fruit and juice powders are one of the biggest misconceptions out there today. in theory they seem like a good idea, but offer little in comparison of eating fresh, live fruits and foods

Kohl | 10.27.2014 | Reply
        • I see your point, but can you eat 6 to 8 servings a day of fruits and not be full at all? If you can, then your metabolism is very fast. It is difficult to chuck down several friuts in a day 6 to 8 is a bit much. Friuts carry allot of fiber and water, which gives a person the feeling of being full. I think a smoothie helps us get all of the nutrients and then some if the fruits are fresh. I think frozen are better and even more fresh.

Mrs. Jimenez | 06.23.2015
    • You can order it from Amazon or get it at health food store.

Jessica | 08.29.2014 | Reply
    • When I was at the climax of my major sickness, I was facing potential heart failure because of a rare thyroid disease, I turned to supplements and was told to buy the wheatgrass powder. I did but returned it and bought those expensive trays to juice because when I got home I researched the difference and found that wheatgrass powder is 1% effective overall because of bioavailability and after a short amount of time, what is alive in fresh wheatgrass juice dies such as some of the particular enzymes I really needed for digestion. Furthermore, if you ever juiced with a good juicer you will get juice on one end and a cotton-like dry ground straw like remains spit out (I put it through about 5 times until every drop is juiced) The remains if dried is mostly all you will have left in the powder making process which doesn’t hold most of what you want. It is in the juice that mostly will dissipate in the process. MIT Laboratories quoted after their study in an article “We researched wheat grass powders when we were still in Boston. We moved the Institute out of Boston about 21 years ago after it had resided there for 30 years. At the MIT laboratories, we did the research and showed that wheat grass powder (and today we can add barley powder) is less than 1% as effective as fresh wheat grass juice. Anyone with common sense would understand that because what we dry out of the powder is the juice. The nutrients and the punch are in the juice. The powders, even though they haven’t been heated, have very little effect.”

Maxine | 12.04.2014 | Reply
    • i got 28 frozen ounces for 16 bucks at nature fare,and you just suck em like an ice cube

mec | 12.18.2014 | Reply
    • You can get organic wheatgrass at a lower price (£7.99 for 500g) in Amazon.

Melanie | 04.11.2015 | Reply
    • ive been taking wheatgrass for the last 5 years and love its health benifits,i have found this is the best wheatgrass powder for me http://amzn.to/1KjO2Vs

5. Great post! I add wheatgrass to my morning smoothies & loved reading all of these reasons to keep including it my diet.

I included this piece in my weekly round-up of links – http://moicontrelavie.com/2013/06/09/links-youll-love-72/

Keep up the great work!

6. Would fresh greens such as spinach be just as beneficial for us?

Vicki | 06.30.2013 | Reply
    • Vicki, all greens are beneficial, definitely! Wheatgrass is super-concentrated though and worth taking note of!

The Chalkboard | 06.30.2013 | Reply
      • Spinach is awesome for its own reasons but not a comparison. Wheatgrass is 70% chlorophyll! It is soooooo concentrated which is what we need. And like #2 said it is the closes resemblance to our molecular make up.

Maxine | 12.04.2014 | Reply
    • wheatgrass should always be taken freshly squeezed within the first 15 minutes after squeezed and on an empty stomach giving it time to absorb into the digestive system having recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer with all the chemo and meds I’ve been placed on i felt my body needed something outside of medical science to help fight this terrible disease and found it in freshly squeezed wheatgrass I’ve never felt so good in my body and my mind.

Samuel p. | 01.20.2015 | Reply
      • Sir how is your health these days have you improved?plz reply I m also suffering from such a disease

Sachin | 12.11.2015 | Reply
  7. Starting growing and drinking my very own wheatgrass 4 weeks ago and what a difference it has made to my life. The first thing I noticed was my energy levels increased dramatically and also I have suffered chronic cramps in my legs and feet for 45 years every day at night and since I’ve been on the wheatgrass ( 1 shot every day – a tray lasts me 8 days) I have not had any cramps I can’t believe it – it is miraculous after suffering all these years with lost sleep through it. I feel wonderful, I am not stressed any more I feel so calm all the time. It is certainly a miracle for me. I have only been taking the fresh wheatgrass up to now hav’nt tried the powdered form yet. Thought that might be handy when on holiday. But now I am enjoying growing my own. I am so happy that I got onto wheatgrass I have never felt so well and energised. Pam

Pam | 08.07.2013 | Reply
    • i will try this wheatgrass juice ,i almost die last week due to low blood count, i will find the wheat grass

rosa | 03.16.2015 | Reply
      • I hope you found it, Rosa. And, that you’re feeling better!

Heather Elizabeth | 05.09.2015 | Reply
      • Mam how is your health now?

Sachin | 12.11.2015 | Reply
  8. Great 50 reasons….where can I get the freshest wheatgrass juice….a health food store…..but how can it be fresh?

Jody hill | 09.07.2013 | Reply
    • You can find this at Jamba Juice they juice it right in front of you anytime if the day and any day off the week.

Victor Saldivar | 02.17.2014 | Reply
      • I don’t have a juicer but recently bought some fresh wheatgrass from my local grocer and am thinking of just putting a bit in my smoothies. Is that is effective as having it made from a juicer?

leni | 02.28.2015 | Reply
  9. I have been suffering with eczema on my hands since my pregnancy last year. It has been so painful- two of my fingers would crack and bleed everyday. I even had to wash my hair with gloves. EVERY day, no matter what prescription, oil or lotion I used- I was in agony. I took ONE shot of wheatgrass, at the end of the day all the swelling and bumps were gone. First time in a year. The next day I took another shot. At the end of the day my scabs were almost all healed. Third shot, third day I had a NORMAL hand, no itching, no swelling, no signs of an outbreak, just healing. Wheatgrass is AMAZING, and I want everyone to know!!!!

Alesha | 09.15.2013 | Reply
    • Wow, what an awesome experience, Alesha! Thanks for sharing – we hope you’ll share your story on eczema-specific forums online too!

The Chalkboard | 09.15.2013 | Reply
    • FYI – My mother suffered from the same symptoms for 25 years. Turns out it was caused by her wedding ring of all things.

steve doe | 03.31.2014 | Reply
  10. It would be helpful if you posted an article on growing wheat grass at home.

janjamm | 09.20.2013 | Reply
    • Purchase 30 gamala fill with good soil and spread wheat seed in all of them after ten days take one gamla and use all wheats plants and the same day leave in it soil wheat seed make it in circle.

Prem Singh Longia | 10.23.2013 | Reply
  11. I cut a small handful and throw it in to my smoothie! Is is OK to eat grass this way?

Steve S. | 09.26.2013 | Reply
    • Of course, Steve – we say go for it!

The Chalkboard | 09.26.2013 | Reply
      • Do you get the same health benefits as taking a shot of it fresh from the juicer on an empty stomach? I recently bought some fresh wheatgrass and am thinking of doing exactly the same thing but definitely want the same benefits of having a shot. What do you think?

leni | 02.28.2015 | Reply
        • It is harmless to drink wheatgrass on empty stomach. Actually, I drink wheatgrass when I workout then go to the spa. By the time I get home is late then cook my meal, drinking wheatgrass helps me to get by (without having a meal for further 1-2 hours later) yet I don’t worry because I know my body is not deprived with nutrients. Although I don’t make this as a habit though.

Melanie | 04.11.2015
  12. Hello,
    I’m 52 years old and have a very phyical demanding job. I have been growing and putting wheat grass in my smoothies now for about a month. WOW!!! I feel like I’m 25 again. working with guys half my age, they cannot keep up with me. It has been like finding the fountian of youth for me. I feel better, stronger, more focused. Great stuff. got to say it again WOW!!!

Cevin G | 09.27.2013 | Reply
    • Fantastic, Cevin!

The Chalkboard | 09.27.2013 | Reply
      • Hello,I just started drinking Wheatgrass in powder form.
        I usually mix it with milk..isit ok?thx

lloyd | 11.07.2013 | Reply
        • Hi lloyd, if mixing wheatgrass with a bit of milk helps, go for it! Our recommendation? A plant-based milk such as almond milk, if possible.

The Chalkboard | 11.08.2013
  13. hi, was wondering how does one start to grow wheatgrass at home???

• It is very simple to make wheatgrass. Wash cup of wheat seeds and soak it overnight in a glass jar. In the morning throw out the water and wash the seeds. Put them back (wet) into the glass jar (without water). Do this twice a day for 3 days and on the 4th day pour the sprouts over the soil you have placed in a flat container or tray. Sprinkle with water and cover with paper (leve in the dark for 3 days). Water the wheatgrass twice a day always covering it up and leaving it in the dark. after 3 days, uncover and bring out into the sunlight.

Donna | 08.15.2014 | Reply
      • At what point are the shoots ready to use? A couple of inches? Thanks.

Kate | 10.28.2014 | Reply
  14. I have been feeling bad and I normally suffer from.anemia, now that I see that it can help me with that, I’m excited

Kathi Hardney | 10.09.2013 | Reply
  15. I found a site today: wheatgrasskits.com. I started reading and watching the “how to” videos. I saw this page, now I want to grow my own wheatgrass. Good luck everyone.

16. Pregnant women can do enemas and implants wheat juice ??

Nicoleta | 10.14.2013 | Reply
  17. I have started to drink wheatgrass juice every morning. But please will u tell me how much of quantity should i take? And another question is, shall i take my regular tablets?

Kalpana belgaonkar | 10.15.2013 | Reply
    • Hi Kalpana, wheatgrass is incredible for your health! Many people use themselves in to these shots since they are so powerful. You can take as much as you like, but just one or two shots alone can do so much for your health.

The Chalkboard | 10.16.2013 | Reply
  18. …..I am a breast cancer survivor,for over seven yrs,with five surgeries,six ,soon …..its in my lymph nodes on my neck…..now… third one, soon to be removed …..a friend told me about the wheatgrass…..so I am trying it a week now……the powder ….will be growing my own soon……..and keeping my fingers cross……..dear lord……….

• Wishing you a smooth recovery, ena!

The Chalkboard | 10.16.2013 | Reply
      • In 2009 I underwent a nephrectomy due to a massive cancerous tumour. My creatinine and potassium remain slightly over normal. I must control my intake of daily protein. Your readers comments are amazing. Is wheatgrass for me. I wish Ena well and salute her courage.Thank you. Chandra

Chandra | 02.09.2014 | Reply
    • You must be such a strong and amazing person. I hope wheatgrass can help your symptoms tremendously. I recently learned about wheatgrass and wish I had juiced it for my mother during her chemo treatments. Best wishes to you 🙂

Krista | 10.17.2013 | Reply
    • I pray this works for you…Hope you are feeling better soon!

Kerry | 10.22.2013 | Reply
    • I am also a breast cancer surviver, i grow my own Wheatgrass and do a double shot every morning on an empty stomach. Please do yourself a favor and check out the budwick diet. Its simple, easy and will help to heal you. Do everything exactly the way they say, eat a raw diet, get sunlight as much as you can. Do your research. You can heal yourself.

Jean Herbert | 03.19.2016 | Reply
  19. Just wondering where i can purchase wheat grass to grow.?

Ellamarie Grant | 10.24.2013 | Reply
  20. Is this juice recommended for children? My 4 year old boy has eczema, is ok to give this juice to him? or it is better drops of it?
    Thanks.
    Sandra

Sandra | 10.28.2013 | Reply
    • Hi Sandra, wheatgrass is wonderful for kids and adults alike! Its taste can be a bit pungent at first (especially for children), so you might want to try diluting with a bit of apple juice for your son. Love that you’re interested in starting his healthy habits at such an early age!

The Chalkboard | 10.28.2013 | Reply
  21. How much do I drink a day to get the full benefits from Wheatgrass? And thanks for putting out this article very helpful. 🙂

Winifred | 11.03.2013 | Reply
  22. Can wheat grass help my husband with his diabetic erectile dysfunction.

Lee | 11.05.2013 | Reply
  23. I used to take wheatgrass but then stopped for a few years and my health Deteriorated. So I started taking wheatgrass again now for about a week, now I am sure I will be able to tell the difference. However my sister has stomach cancer and when I asked the doc about other natural remedies like wheatgrass they said they have never heard about it and if it was so powerful it would have been approved by the medical board. Your comments please.

Roushal | 11.06.2013 | Reply
    • Apparently nutrition isn’t really covered in medical school on any significant level, so it’s not really surprising that they wouldn’t know the benefits of a particular food. What a backwards world we live in!

Doug | 01.07.2014 | Reply
    • Nothing natural will ever be recommended by the traditional medicine physicians. They are usually not trained with any type of nutrition. Just keep doing and researching on your own. The power of all raw food is very powerful.

Linda | 10.05.2015 | Reply
  24. I.wouldnt care what tge doctor says, theyre usually not fully educates on the medicines they prescribe. I was given an antibiotic so strong that I had tendonitis and anxiety for months. sure, it was approved from the fda as dangerous as it was and sure a doctor who webt to medical school gave it to me. but wheatgreass and magneisun zhpplemenys are the only thing that took the pain away. had I gone to a doctor, they would have just given me some painkillers , ignoring the fact that they add more problems than thdy actually solve. Wheatgrass is Gods gift to man.

anum | 11.09.2013 | Reply
  25. I have been using wheatgrass since June and I’m off my diabetes medicine and my blood pressure is doing better too. I could not believe how good I feel since I started taking it. I will continue to use it.
    I check my blood sugar every morning and it’s around 100.

Abbie Grissom | 11.11.2013 | Reply
  26. So basically the 50 reasons are : chlorophyll.

OttO | 11.12.2013 | Reply
  27. I want to buy wheatgrass in Spain, Where is it possible?
    My father has Sideroblastic anemia.
    Could the wheatgrass help to increase his oxygen in blood?
    regards

Francisco | 12.01.2013 | Reply
  28. I use wheatgrass for a few months now,and I don’t get nearly as much colds,I put it in my beet root and apple juice delicious.

Rose Gallacher | 12.07.2013 | Reply
  29. Hello i started drinking wheatgrass 2 werks ago and i read somewhere that i only have to take it everyday for a month, then wait 6 months to months to drink again, how long should i drink wheatgrass? Can i drink it everyday for the rest of my life? Im also planning to increase my intake, once in the morning and once before bed. Is it okay?? Please respond. Thank you for your help! (=

anna | 12.10.2013 | Reply
  30. I just wonder…will wheatgrass help with Ascites and edema?
    Thank you.

Celeste | 12.12.2013 | Reply
  31. hi
    is the wheatgrass is good for high cholesterol.?
    can I take the powder one which is sold in a drug store or I should grow at home.

Rewa | 12.14.2013 | Reply
  32. Can we mix some other products like barley kanikkay piwder saffron usiri beradu pippallu to wheat grass powder

shanu | 12.15.2013 | Reply
  33. i would really like to know how many packets of wheatgrass i should drink in a day especially for my skin.

Fern | 12.28.2013 | Reply
  34. What’s the difference with wheatgrass compared to Spirulina and Chlorela? I take a teaspoon each of the latter 2 daily.

Han | 01.07.2014 | Reply
    • Hi Han, spirulina and chlorela are algae, whereas wheatgrass is a grass plant. All are beneficial!

The Chalkboard | 01.07.2014 | Reply
  35. I can’t wait to try wheat grass, new experience 😉 Thx for this article. I would love to try one of your juice blends.

Alice Burtner | 01.08.2014 | Reply
  36. I suffer with epilepsy. Is there any side effects to taking wheatgrass powder that will effect me.

loren | 01.11.2014 | Reply
    • I have epilepsy and tried a shot of wheatgrass, I did not have a bad reaction. I did notice that I was a bit tired after the shot but did not have seizure activity.

Michelle | 01.31.2015 | Reply
  37. 1 year ago today I got sick with pneumonia and was put
    In the hospital. During my ct scan they found I had a
    Tumor in my upper left lobe. On April 15 I lost my upper part of my left
    lobe and 13 lymph nodes. During the time from January to April I changed everything about my
    life especially my diet. I discovered smoothies and if it fought canver of the
    Hair follicle I added it to my diet. I discover wheatgrass in feb and started doing shots at
    My local juicer. The had a slam that was 1 oz wheatgrass 1 oz pure ginger root
    1 oz pure lemon juice 1 oz pure cranberry juice and I added a 1 oz pineapple back. I did this
    and my smoothies ever day until surgery . I was told
    I’d be in hospital 5-7 days I left on the 3 day my dr was
    amazed at my recovery. He said you will have to stay out of work at leat 8 weeks
    I returned to bar tending in 5 weeks. I have continued to invest in my health
    and have purchased my own wheatgrass juicer. I love believe and recommend this to everyone
    I meet!! I have never felt better I sleep better and my feelings of well being are
    AWESOME! Going into surgery we thought I was stage 3 B but I’m a
    rare lady my dr says after all was said and done i was stage 1. Blessed and
    Proud to shout from the roof tops QUIT KILLING YOURSELF WITH
    MAN MADE PROCESSED FOODS EAT THE BOUNTY GOD INTENDED US
    TO EAT!!

Side note::: my tumor was small .9 x.9, when they removed it it had shrunk to .8 x .8 )it was measured more than once before surgery. )

Debbie | 01.12.2014 | Reply
    • I really enjoyed that artical , and I thank you so much for sharing your story.. Pleas continue to post, I was just diagnosed with breast cancer about 2-weeks ago, and I herd a lot about Wheat-Grass from the young lady in my church. I have found the bottles from whole foods, how much do I take ??/ God Bless and good luck with everything..

Lyndah | 06.13.2014 | Reply
      • Read “World Without Cancer: The Story of Vitamin B17” by G. Edward Griffin. Also look into using high-dose vitamin C (liposomal).

John | 07.21.2014 | Reply
      • Lyndah, my wife was a 15yr. cancer survivor until recently. We gave her wheat grass and it helped her immensely. Anyone who is stricken with cancer in the beginning has to do their homework, finding out what is best for their body. I studied for ten years all about cancer, forming my own conclusions. The latest book I have purchased as to why this is a growing sickness, is called “Rockefeller Medicine Men” it is all about big Pharma. STAY AWAY FROM CHEMO-ONCE YOU GET IT THEY GOT YOU-keep you alive for insurance purposes. Doctors put the fear of cancer to all new patients, just as it happened to us. If we knew then i would never allowed that treatment for my wife. WHEATGRASS does work, it was just a little late for us. Best Raul.

38. Your article was so informative. I’m a recent breast cancer survivor, and I’m on a mission for everyone to have a healthy lifestyle. Everyone in my family will be drinking wheatgrass juice. Cheers to good health!!

Melinda | 01.13.2014 | Reply
  39. Hi!!I am 18 years old.How much quantity of wheatgrass juice should I consume a day???……And if I start consuming it,would it be necessary to take it for the rest of my life??
    Thanks for the benefits mentioned.

SHANTANU | 01.14.2014 | Reply
  40. Where can I get wheatgrass juice in the Atlanta-Stone Mountain Area?

Michael | 01.14.2014 | Reply
    • I bought fresh wheatgrass at Whole Foods on W. Paces Ferry last night. They also sell shots of it at their juice bar. I prefer mixing it with lemon juice, honey and ground flax seed with water to the fill line on the Nutribullet.

Leigh Ann | 03.04.2014 | Reply
      • I should add that it was 9.99 for an 8oz bag so I see why I need to start growing my own. Does anyone know if it helps with focusing and concentration issues?

Leigh Ann | 03.04.2014 | Reply
    • I try to get my 2 oz. wheatgrass shot just about everyday. Robeks in the Target plaza by Perimeter Mall has fresh wheatgrass that you can get. I must admit I am addicted and feel FABULOUS!!!

Dee J. | 04.30.2014 | Reply
    • You can buy it in a bag or still in the dirt at Dekalb’s Farmers Market for a reasonable price
      It’s in the back of the produce section.

Smiley | 02.05.2015 | Reply
  41. I have just started reading about Wheat grass and learned how good a thing it is. Just wanted to know if it can help me with my Hypothyroidism. I have this problem from the past 14years and i do take prescribed medicine for it.

priya | 01.14.2014 | Reply
  42. Hi , with so much benefits , then would it be good for those with hyperacidity ? Would it have side effect ? I was always wondering why those doctors always prescribing drugs rather than advise us on alternative ? I am always question on this ever since i do a search on side effects of those drugs .

Alex | 01.16.2014 | Reply
    • Doctors generally are not taught about nutrition in medical school, the reason being is that they are funded by the big pharmecuetical & drug companies and they want to get their moneys worth. The way they do that is by prescribing medications that temporarely help but do not correct the original problem. Living on a plant based diet and consuming wheatgrass daily (i grow mine at home and consume 1oz per day) can drastically improve your health. I have seen studies done on plant based diets and when eating the correct nutrients many diseases can be cured including diabetes, heart disease, and even cancer can be treated and cured with nutritional therapy without the negative side effects of chemo therapy! I suggest everyone looking to get healthy to do their research on the types of food you have been eating.

Kirsten | 01.16.2014 | Reply
      • Well said Kirsten. You are dead right. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

Frank | 02.20.2014 | Reply
        • Doctors aren’t taught about nutrition in medical school? I’m not sure what medical school you attended, but the one I attended (Columbia University School of Medicine) had quite a few courses which covered several aspects of nutrition. Also I’m not entirely sure what kinds of ideas you’re trying to spread, but the pharmaceutical companies do not influence the curriculum taught in medical school, nor do they influence the standardized tests that all practicing physicians need to complete. Physicians may have different views on what medicines (read: antibiotics etc.) should be prescribed where and when, but it is a doctors only wish to see his or her patients healthy, by whatever means necessary. Whether that’s medications produced by pharmaceutical companies or any natural product. Pharmaceutical companies do like to promote their products to doctors (it is a business like any other) and they do pay some doctors to speak for them or pay for the occasional lunch or dinner. However they are not paying any physicians directly to prescribe their antibiotics or other medications. In fact I would much rather give a generic rather than a brand-name antibiotic because I know it will be cheaper for the patient. Ultimately it doesn’t matter to me, medication is just a tool and if I could treat whatever the ailment without medication then that’s exactly what I would do – most physicians I’ve met have a similar philosophy to this.

That being said it’s really sad to see how many people on this page are misinformed or under-educated on some really basic science. I could give you a list just as long as the one presented on this page about how many of the things said in this article are just plain false. It would take someone with some basic physiology knowledge to debunk at least a third of this list.

Something that is rather concerning is that there are a number of people in these comments touting that by drinking this stuff it is curing some diseases (somewhere there was a guy claiming it shrunk the size of his tumor?!?). This is just plain dangerous, reckless and irresponsible. Now I know that all the people on here are definitely intelligent adults, but please tell me what would happen if someone who wasn’t so intelligent came across this page and read some of these things? Someone who doesn’t realize that maybe this doesn’t really do everything that’s listed here? What happens when someone reads this and decides to stop their chemotherapy medication because they’re convinced wheatgrass is the cure to their early stage Hodgkin’s lymphoma? Who is the one who has to care for this person and tell them that the cancer has actually spread, and you know what it wasn’t really such a good idea to stop taking that life-saving medication.

Just some food for thought as everyone here tries to jump on the bandwagon.

Dave

Dave | 04.07.2014
      • Dave – it’s really noble of you to add balance to this article, and I’m sure you’re totally well-meaning. But to say that doctors default to what’s best for us is just as reckless as those saying wheatgrass is a cure-all elixir. The most powerful thing you as an intelligent physician can do is realize that the information you’re getting is a well manicured landscaping job and the landscapers are pharma companies, bar none. Ever seen Ben Goldacre’s TED talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/ben_goldacre_what_doctors_don_t_know_about_the_drugs_they_prescribe. And here is Peter Attia who, essentially, admits he was blind to facts outside those delivered by pharm companies: https://www.ted.com/talks/peter_attia_what_if_we_re_wrong_about_diabetes

There is a reason pharma reps are usually young, buxom and good looking – it’s to influence decision making. Medicine is not an untouchable ivory tower. Doctors are great – I say that without condescension. But so many are blind and, yes, so many no nothing about nutrition. If your nutrition courses weren’t shaped by J&J, they sure as heck were by General Mills.

Doctors have their place. But it is not at the top of the discussion. It’s as a very important and expert part of it. They must start hearing more from people who experience wellness without the hammer of the prescription pad. My own son’s doctor almost killed him with meds for ulcerative colitis. We changed his diet and but his medication down to virtually nothing. So please don’t tell me that doctor knows best. I did my research and saved my child.

Todd | 06.03.2014 | Reply
        • Wow… I totally agree with Kristen and Todd. God meant for us to eat healthy foods that he provided!!!! Also our bodies are meant to heal ourselves with proper nutrition eating organic not chemically processed foods, and God specially did not design our bodies to have Chemicals poured into us! Chemicals are for Machines not our bodies, we are living beings and yes people have cured themselves of several diseases by not seeing a doctor, because that is God’s Will for us. I am not saying that Dr.s are not good for some things but I know that most elderly die from overdose of drugs from doctors getting there kickback they do take advantage of that pharmaceutical kickback I have worked in the Health care field for over 10 yrs I hear and see it every day~!
          I do know that Doctors hate Chiropractors why is that… I know why because it is more of a natural healing than chemical healing!!!
          If I got cancer I would run from Doctors and radiation!!!!!!

• Oh so true.

Amy | 03.10.2015 | Reply
  43. Wondering wheatgrass helps in reducing inner / middle ear related problems. I’ve had symptoms of mild dizziness, tinnitus and vibration / buzzing feeling in the head continuosly for the last 2 to 3 months. A recent Brain MRI diagnosis revealed cholestorol granaluma of petrous apex. The Dr. suggests draining the fluid using a very complex surgery procedure. I’m a bit sceptical of the solution and looking for alternatives. I’ve been taking homeopathic medicines which has shown some relief. Appreciate any advise on this.

Mohit | 01.25.2014 | Reply
  44. My husband is suffering from leg pains.Any doctor could not found the problem in alopathy and homeopathy.Its not psoroassis or vernaculous.
    last one or two months he had a rash on the skin, like round warm.
    Give me suggesion pls??

Radhika | 01.30.2014 | Reply
  45. I grow fodder for my rabbits. This is sprouted seeds hydroponically. I feed on day 7 for most nutritional value, 15% protein. The animals eat entire plant including roots. Wondering what benefits to people the roots would have vs grass. Also I have a blood clotting disorder, and need to be carefully on the amount of bit k in my diet. Can you tell me the % of various nutrient s in juiced wheat grass

bonnie | 02.02.2014 | Reply
  46. I grow fodder for my rabbits. This is sprouted seeds hydroponically. I feed on day 7 for most nutritional value, 15% protein. The animals eat entire plant including roots. Wondering what benefits to people the roots would have vs grass. Also I have a blood clotting disorder, and need to be carefully on the amount of vitamin k in my diet. Can you tell me the % of various nutrient s in juiced wheat grass

bonnie | 02.02.2014 | Reply
    • I found the following information on a very helpful website regarding the nutritional content of sprouted wheat. Obviously growing the sprouts to grass stage will make the amount slightly different, as will the difference of growing in different medias (soil vs hydroponic vs air). Hope this helps with some of what you’re looking for.

Allen | 03.12.2015 | Reply
  47. Where i can find this wheatgrass in my area , Colorado Springs Colorado .also the Algae marine …?

Marck Cornelius | 02.04.2014 | Reply
    • Marck, you either grow wheatgrass in your home or you have it in a place like Jamba Juice. I reckon any juice shop in the US would carry wheatgrass juice.

Frank | 02.20.2014 | Reply
  48. I just started wheatgrass (1 tsp a day) and this put my intenstine on full speed. Will the body get used to it eventually or is wheatgrass not for me? What’s the reason for this? Anyone else had the same experience?

Anna | 02.06.2014 | Reply
    • Anna, how long has your intestine been running full speed? You could have it run full speed for 4-5 days. If it continues to run then reduce the dosage – try half tsp. In any case, wheatgrass cannot harm you. It’s non-toxic and cannot harm at all.

Frank | 02.20.2014 | Reply
  49. Can wheatgrass seeds be eaten, and if so what is the best way to do so? Thanks.

Graeme | 02.12.2014 | Reply
  50. I need informations, if any one have experienced that use of Wheatgrass juice , is beneficial in case of auto immune disease. My wife is having joit pain ( moving from one organ to another organ ) and also swelling with pain.Some times it goes within a day or some time more days.she has to take every day pain reducing medicines.
    I am afraid , if starting this wheat grass juice may give adverse effect.

• Dipak, get your wife’s vitamin D checked. Ensure that it’s maintained at a good level. I suggest you have her take a small glass of milk mixed with a pinch of organic turmeric and organic ground black pepper twice a day. Meanwhile get the issue diagnosed by a top specialist.

Frank | 02.20.2014 | Reply
  51. Would like to share couple experiences and comments:
    1. My mother had lymph node cancer back in 2000. She underwent chemotherapy and following that started drinking wheatgrass juice regularly. She was 100% healthy and fit (full of energy) for about 6 years. I reckon somewhere during 2006 she quit drinking wheatgrass. Her cancer relapsed in 2007 and she died in 2008. My gut feeling is that she would’ve remained healthy had she continued drinking wheatgrass juice.

2. I have a distance relative who’s suffering from breast cancer. She underwent the operation and refused to go for any follow-up treatment. She was supposed to go thru chemo + radiation. She says, come what may, I am not going to the doctor ever again. She has been drinking wheatgrass juice (the powder form) for a year now and remains healthy. Doctors and family members are a bit surprised.

Comments:
    1. Based on several instances, where patients have got significant relief from diseases by following naturopathy treatment, I have noticed that the doctors’ simply go mum. They would not accept the fact that a certain natural substance could have the potential to cure a disease. I feel that there’s a strong resistance to think outside the box, to accept anything that’s outside the box. I personally think that this is caused mainly due to the brain washing done at the medical school. The medical academic education is carefully designed/crafted mainly by the Pharma companies. The medical schools cannot prevent this kind of transformation because the pharma companies are one of their main funds sources.

2. We often see many posts from people from different parts of the world, narrating their positive experiences with wheatgrass juice, turmeric, apple-cider-vinegar, etc., I think that it is important to ask the world community to come out and tell us if something has not worked for them. For example, it would be great if people could document what didn’t work for them. If you’re following a natural remedy to address a health issue and if that didn’t work for you, I would request you to post that information. Based on that we might be able to either endorse or not, natural substances with 100% conviction.

Frank | 02.19.2014 | Reply
  52. I’ve been growing wheatgrass for at least 1 1/2 years and drink about 1 ounce a day. I am 60 getting younger growing older. Drinking wheatgrass has helped me go 85% raw vegan diet. I love what I do and do what I love, Database Engineering/Architecture, Homa Therapy, Racquet Ball, Professional Conga Drummer and love to play chess.
    I think the very first step is to eat at home.
    Honor and praise the foods that you consume.
    Love yourself first
    Love all others

Yakub | 02.24.2014 | Reply
  53. It is really commendable by reading the reviews. I am a Diabetic on insulin, with lot of other complications. Also I have high BP.Also I feel fatigue all the time. Now I am using SPIRULINA. Pl. advice me whether I can replace WHEAT GRASS POWDER with SPIRULINA, will there be any side effects.
    thanks

Khader Shariff | 03.03.2014 | Reply
  54. I have started growing my wheatgrass after listening so much benefits of it. Is there any guideline on when the wheatgrass is best to cut and extract the juice out of it ? Do we need to go with the length of wheatgrass or any colour sign etc ?

vikas garg | 03.03.2014 | Reply
  55. I have read many times about the benefits of wheatgrass, but your blog has enlightened me all the more. I’ll give it a try.

56. I will start taking juice of wheatgrass, impresses with details, about to start my search for a nice machine to get it daily at home. Thanks a lot

57. Could the author provide a list of the “over 100 elements needed by man” that chlorophyll supposedly provides? Because if chlorophyll even included the first 100 elements on the periodic table, this would include things like lead, mercury, and other toxic heavy metals, and even radioactive elements such as uranium and radium.

Upon reading further some of the claims seem like gross exaggerations, or at minimum not based in science. For instance, this list states that chlorophyll is high in oxygen, but isn’t anything containing water? There is no science-based literature showing diatomic oxygen (the kind in the air you breathe) might be carried by a green drink through the digestive tract to a human’s benefit.

I’m not saying wheatgrass isn’t healthy. It just bothers me when someone makes 50 wild claims about why something’s good for you, and doesn’t properly label it “fiction” or at least, “not based in fact.” People read this stuff and take it for fact. Maybe they want to believe it – either way, it’s articles like this that perpetuate a culture of seeing and saying what you want to believe, without minding that baseless claims could also do harm.

Derek | 03.18.2014 | Reply
  58. I appreciate the information you provide and comments from other people and their experiences. I do not find them groundless as certain other people. Obviously each person knows how their body/health reacted to wheatgrass. I’ve read many things and was about to try spiralina, chlorella but was unsure due to my health issues. Wheatgrass seems like it should be the answer. I so want it to be. Seems every time I see info and it looks good for me, there’s a catch regarding my specific issues. I have lupus and fibromyalsia plus some other goodies like kidney issues due to the lupus. Good example: I want to eat kale and spinach yet I’m told not good for my kidneys due to occilates(so). Wanted to do chlorella but I read not good for autoimmune sufferers (T-cell issue). This is what I mean. What the heck am I to do? Wheatgrass sounds awesome yet…….. Do you have any suggestions. Doctors do not…I’ve asked. Thank you so much!

Debbie Lynn | 03.19.2014 | Reply
  59. It is high time a society has to be formed to propagate the use of wheat grass juice for the well being of the world at large. Only a few dedicated group of youth has to come forward to spread the noble effort. Building awareness would automatically spread very fast , because result will speak for itself.

Narayan Mishra | 03.28.2014 | Reply
  60. How can i get the Wheat grass products in Pakistan?

Firdous | 03.28.2014 | Reply
    • Your best bet is to purchase wheat grass seeds and grow it 😀 There are many online resources for purchasing the seeds

Amy | 05.01.2014 | Reply
  61. Hi,
    I am pregnant. Is it ok to consume wheat grass juice in pregnancy? Thanks for replying.

Priyanka | 04.01.2014 | Reply
  62. It is brilliant for you , unfortunately my daughter is allergic to wheat and I feel this should be stated as a Caution .. People with a wheat allergy have an abnormal immune system response to at least one of the proteins that exist in wheat. It is one of the most common childhood food allergies, but may affect adults as well. The person with a wheat allergy has developed a specific antibody to a wheat protein, and sometimes more than one. Happy Health

63. I think it is brilliant for most people , but unfortunately my daughter has an allergy to wheat . I feel this should be stated in the Benefits of it as a Caution … People with a wheat allergy have an abnormal immune system response to at least one of the proteins that exist in wheat. It is one of the most common childhood food allergies, but may affect adults as well. The person with a wheat allergy has developed a specific antibody to a wheat protein, and sometimes more than one.

• Wheatgrass juice is not wheat and has none of the gluten in it that causes the allergies. Lots of gluten-intolerant people have drunk my wheatgrass juice quite contentedly. Some have had the most amazing revelations!

64. Hi! I just want to know if I can also mix the wheatgrass juice with my other vegetable juice (carrot, celery, cucumber, and broccoli leaves) . I am also into juicing vegetables. Very informative article! Thanks!

aleili | 04.02.2014 | Reply
  65. I have been taking capsules of freeze dried wheat grass for about 6mos. and i have a very healthy diet Just wondering because wheat grass is a detoxifier will there be days when you just dont feel good?

liz | 04.02.2014 | Reply
  66. Where do I buy wheatgrass in Columbia SC?

Pati | 04.04.2014 | Reply
  67. Please can someone tell me if you can take wheatgrass when pregnant? I am in my second trimester and there is so many different opinions would really appreciate any help. Thanks 🙂

Candice | 04.06.2014 | Reply
  68. It says in your list that wheatgrass contains all the vitamins and minerals known to man.
    So, would this mean that I wouldn’t need to buy a multi-vitamin supplement??
    If this is right, then I’m going to save a LOT of money!
    Can someone please get back to me on this?

I would also just like to point out that, if wheatgrass has all the minerals, then your teeth should get white.
    Naturally.
    You can also add that to the list.

Ash | 04.14.2014 | Reply
  69. I was feeling so anxious, overworked and stressed a week ago which led to a bad case of IBS. I tried the frozen wheat grass cubes but I didn’t get any relief so I decided to grow my own wheat grass to extract the juice…within 30min after drinking the juice I noticed a drastic change in my health. I had mental clarity, my blood pressure dropped which relieved me of my anxiousness/headache and my stomach is no longer in knots from IBS 🙂

overworkedmom | 04.16.2014 | Reply
  70. I have been taking wheat grass juice for more than a year .For how long can i have this continuously

Ritu | 04.17.2014 | Reply
  71. I am Doctor (M.B.B.S.) and a Naturopath, I see many patients who have a whole range of medical conditions and are looking for easy and sometimes cheap ways of improving their health. While for many it is hard to change their diets they can always make positive changes like adding wheatgrass to their diets every day and cutting down on fatty animals meats and increasing their intake of fish, veggie and fruits. The only time I really don’t advise a patient take wheatgrass is when they are allergic to wheat then I tell them to use barley grass.
    While fresh wheatgrass would be best most use powered wheatgrass and add it to a glass of juice.
    For those who have finished chemo I would use the juice of a young coconut mixed with wheat grass as this can really be helpful for a whole range of health problems. young coconuts can be purchase cheaply from your local supermarket or Asian grocery store. I hope this helps.

• Darren, an undergraduate degree does not make you a doctor, and a naturopath is the opposite of a doctor. You should have an honest conversation with yourself about the ethical implications of misrepresenting yourself like that.

Paul Nogin | 09.29.2014 | Reply
      • I think your comment to Darren was quite nasty.
        What Darren said is the basis for discussion not what his
        qualifications are.

Ian | 11.09.2014 | Reply
      • Paul you are really quite offensive

Steve | 07.20.2015 | Reply
      • but is what he saying accurate sir!! I’m just saying do you have to have them to have an opinion about something! Not knocking you just trying to figure out why????? And if his account is good or not.

Julia Pauls | 01.05.2016 | Reply
      • Paul!even if you don’t respect Dr.Darren’s suggestion you should atleast respect his education.Do you have any idea of the hardship of getting a doctorate degree??

Anitha | 06.03.2016 | Reply
    • Thank you Dr.Darren for your helpful suggestions and I am glad of that.

Anitha | 06.03.2016 | Reply
  72. I began growing my own wheatgrass recently and froze my first tray into 1 tablespoon portions after juicing it. I know it would be best if I had the juice fresh, and on it’s own, but is it still okay if I throw a cube or two into my morning smoothies? Or will it end up too diluted and therefore pointless?

Jodie | 04.30.2014 | Reply
  73. I got the powder version of wheatgrass to mix with water. Is it ok if I add one drop or two of stevia extract?

Martina | 05.06.2014 | Reply
  74. A myth about wheatgrass is that chlorophyll – the green pigment found in all green vegetables, and grass – acts like haemoglobin, the protein found in red blood cells to carry oxygen. It’s claimed that the chlorophyll in wheatgrass will boost oxygen transport around the body. In reality, whilst chlorophyll has a similar molecular structure to haemoglobin (but with magnesium at its central core, rather than the iron found in haemoglobin), it is broken down by natural digestive processes, and has absolutely no effect on oxygen transport at all.

Andrew Clifft | 05.08.2014 | Reply
  75. I have two questions:
    Is the wheatgrass in article the same as ordinary wheat grown by farmers?
    My son suffers from very serious psoriasis(all over body)How would you go about applying sweetgrass to try to cure this problem?

Don | 05.13.2014 | Reply
  76. I live in Papua New Guinea and have just bought Wheatgrass and honey tea in powdered form. Where can I purchase the seeds I mean closest to my country. Are there any distributors?

Marie Babona | 05.16.2014 | Reply
  77. Am happy to read the 50 benefits of wheat grass. Some years back my father became sick and his lower limps failed and he could not walk, after moving from hospital to hospital to know the problem, it was discovered he had a cancerous tumor at the upper spine which the doctor said could not operate as it was malignant. I read a book about wheat grass and we grew it at home and my mother prepared it for him. He took a glass in the morning and evening. His health improved. After few months we went back to hospital and biopsy was done in which it revealed the cancer was not spreading. The doctor accepted to operate and remove the tumor. When he was booked for surgery he was found to be very healthy and ready for it, and he did not need the donated blood. After surgery he was taken to normal ward instead of the intensive care that we had been told. When the tumor was taken for examination it was reported that it did not have any cancer cells. What amazed us was the way doctors kept wondering about the good health my father had. All this time we maintained a dose of wheat grass juice. He later walked and continued a perfect normal life. He had stopped the wheat grass juice intake, so after two years he wasted strangely without a disease diagnosed and he passed on. I must appreciate that the wheat grass played a big role in maintaining his health.

Gerald | 05.21.2014 | Reply
  78. Nature really is such a wonderful doctor. I remember tasting wheatgrass as a child with my father.I have to get back to it.Esvasa also has written about this.http://www.esvasa.com/?q=wheatgrass_health_food

79. I love wheatgrass and was wondering how much I can drink in day….can you drink to much?

Jean Paeth | 06.01.2014 | Reply
    • Hi Jean, drink as you would any juice, but consult your health practitioner if you are wary.

The Chalkboard | 06.03.2014 | Reply
  80. Hi I’m from Honkong , i got hypertension and cyst on both kidneys. Heard and read about what wheat grass could do to our health. Since I’m working here as domestic helper…the only available i could get is wheat grass juice made in Taiwan. Is there any outlet here in HK where i could buy in powder. is the that I’m drinking now is ok? Gina

Gina Florido | 06.11.2014 | Reply
  81. How much wheat grass juice we should take daily,,,what time—befor food or after food—-please suggest in detail

vinod | 06.27.2014 | Reply
    • In the morning after you wake up 1/2 an hour before any liquid or food.for a maximum result don’t blend it but chew it

Anitha | 06.03.2016 | Reply
  82. This article shows the difference between wheatgrass juice and powder:

Kate Stone | 07.02.2014 | Reply
  83. Reading the articles above. Interested in using wheatgrass as I suffer from aches, pains and swelling all over my body. Recently my consultant Rheumatologist said that I have fibromyalgia. They have not done any test to confirm this. Get a lot of cramps in my leg, upper body etc. Cannot sleep at night and also suffer from hayfever severely. Can someone tell me or e mail me where I could get wheat grass powder or to gow wheat grss in uk please. E mail at wvathsi@gmail.com. Thank you for your support and advise.

VATHSI | 07.16.2014 | Reply
    • You can buy Wheat grass powder on ebay just bought 2kilo for £20

Liam | 09.04.2014 | Reply
  84. Please tell me that people sufferring from celeac desease(glutten free diet) can take wheatgrass

• Yes, they can! The coeliac sufferers react to the gluten which is only found in the grain. Wheatgrass juice comes from the leaf of the young wheat plant and has nil gluten in it. Hope that helps!

85. Can wheatgrass harm someone with Hemochromotosis (over load of iron in the blood)?

Mary | 07.21.2014 | Reply
  86. I think I know the answer to my question, but need an expert’s answer. With the word “wheat” in this grass does it have gluten in it? I have to be gluten free.

Pat McKenzie | 07.23.2014 | Reply
    • Wheatgrass is gluten-free because it’s cut before the grain forms.

lakesha | 10.16.2014 | Reply
  87. In 2008 we went to the States where we ate out very regularly. Way too much processed food. I came home feeling really, really toxic. I was so unwell and thought about going to my doctor but knew that wouldn’t be of much help. I remembered Tony Robbins talking about how wonderful wheatgrass was and how he drinks it every day. I studied up on it and that same day went to the health shop and bought the powdered wheatgrass. I mixed it with cold water and drank about 1.5 litres of the stuff. Within 24 hours I was a different person. All the toxicity in my body had been neutralised. I drink it every day now. It really is a wonder food! Amazing!

Leah | 08.07.2014 | Reply
    • Leah, just imagine what would be happening to you now if you had let the docs loose!
      As Steve Meyerowitz says, and titled his book, “Wheatgrass, Nature’s Finest Medicine”.

88. You can grow your own wheatgrass in small aquaponics kits. Mine has worked well so far for two months. Of course its a small operation so for those fanatics that take it everyday it might not be enough to sustain your everyday needs. I’m sure after watching your system you could figure a way to produce the results on a larger scale. Check out this link. https://www.backtotheroots.com/

Eric | 08.20.2014 | Reply
  89. How does the tablets compare to the shots ? Are they equal ?

Sandra | 09.09.2014 | Reply
  90. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/900675/2 … is that the true nutrion facts? if yes… well… i m shocked… that wiould mean there is not a better thing on earth you can eat. Please someone asnwer my question…

91. Does wheatgrass help with premature gray hair?

Darlene | 09.19.2014 | Reply
  92. Publix supermarket has it for 3.99 a bag in the fridge area in produce

lakesha | 10.16.2014 | Reply
  93. To make wheat grass more complete and make it taste good, mix the grass and milk in a blender, yummy healthy.

stevesrd | 11.12.2014 | Reply
  94. What a great article on wheatgrass juice. I especially like the feeling of wellness I experience after having a shot. I have been buying wheatgrass shots for some time and recently tried the Healthy Juicer and liked it so much I realized there is no reason to buy shots when it is so easy to make it myself.

95. Yes if only there was a big budget study on wheatgrass with pharma style analysis. I get mine raw and wholefood from these guys and they have a good overview of the benefits: http://wheatgrassuk.com/wheatgrassinfo.html and a full nutritional analysis: http://wheatgrassuk.com/aboutwheatgrass.html

Kate Stone | 11.14.2014 | Reply
    • Yes I second that – get Raw wheatgrass powder and definitely don’t buy Chinese!

Ellie | 08.03.2015 | Reply
  96. Will this inflate my gout?

pete | 12.06.2014 | Reply
  97. I am so happy with this article! My best friend’s mother run a wheat grass “plant” basically and works to produce excellent quality stuff for all over the region we live in. I glad people are finally beginning to see just how powerful a single shot of this stuff is for the human body!

Kendall | 12.21.2014 | Reply
  98. Dekalb’s farmers Market

99. Will wheatgrass still benefit if you dilute it?

veronica | 02.08.2015 | Reply
    • I drink my wheatgrass juice with spring water and it works perfectly fine for me! Wheatgrass is amazing!

Mariana | 02.19.2015 | Reply
  100. I gave my mother an ounce shot of wheatgrass every day for three weeks and her PERNICIOUS ANEMIA disappeared never to return! She had been going to the hospital for years for a B12 injection and folic acid prescription pills. She never had to do that again. After many years passed, she passed away peacefully in her sleep at two months before her 98 birthday. I loved her and said ” Congratulations Mama, job well done.” Thank you for ever our loving GOD.

• That’s amazing I need to do this since I have anemia too

veronica | 02.27.2015 | Reply
  101. No references/sources ? Tsk Tsk…Oh right its on the internet so it must be true

Tito | 03.05.2015 | Reply
    • lol Tito … I hear you. In this case, however, the author’s ‘error’ is not in making unfounded claims that cannot be borne out by numerous studies and clinical trials that do exist (eg: http://drwheatgrass.com/_blog/Wheatgrass_Research/category/All_articles/).
      Other than potentially overstating the concentration of chlorophyll in wheatgrass (most likely based in 1970s myth rather than factual evidence), the only ‘weakness’ here is in addressing only a small sampling — those of chlorophyll alone, omitting the vast array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants — of the benefits of incorporating wheatgrass into one’s diet. Note: if your present diet consists of processed, inflammatory, high-glycemic and ‘drive-thru’ foods, adding wheatgrass probably isn’t the first step you should take … though I suppose it couldn’t hurt :).

Faith | 03.11.2015 | Reply
  102. My dog had a cancerous tumour removed last year ,then my daughter read about the wheat grass, my dog and all the family take wheatgrass daily,the dog is perfect and we are well,we love it…

103. I HAVE STARTED NEW DIET SYSTEM FROM 14 TH JAN. 2015 IN THE MORNING AFTER WAKE UP, I DON’T TAKE ANY FOOD OR WATER FOR ATLEAST 6 HOUR. THAN I TAKE RAW FOOD JUICE LIKE SPINACH AND OTHER GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES. I TAKE VERY LITTLE COOKED OR BOILED FOOD. NOW I LOST 10 KG. WEIGHT IN 2 MONTHS AND FEEL FRESH AND ENERGATIC. MY HEALTH RELATED PROBLEM VANISHED. NO MEDICINE REQUIRED. I STOP MILK AND ITS RELATED PRODUCT LIKE TEA, COFFEE, SWEETS, BUTTER, CHEESE, PANEER ETC.

PIYUSH SHAH | 03.19.2015 | Reply
  104. We’ve just launched a great new 100% natural chilled wheatgrass juice product in where we preserve the wheatgrass only with cold pressure but increase the shelf life to 8 weeks. Take a look at this remarkable new product which we hope will be the revolution of how consumers take wheatgrass each day…One Juice Wheatgrass – check us out at onejuice.co.uk

105. Is fresh wheatgrass juice useful for major thalassemic child?

kakamal | 03.28.2015 | Reply
  106. We are believers of Wheatgrass . We have been growing our own for the past four years . We just finished juicing four trays and I have another 6 jars doing the sprouting process. We got 50 oz’s from our trays. It was a little low usually I get around 16 oz’s. Since I have been taking and ounce a day I have never felt better. I have health issues that are under control and I have way more energy. My husband and daughters also take it and it is helping them amazingly. Unfortunately my grandchildren have caught on to it yet they are still at the non experimental age. Keep up the good work. We are blogging about it also and are going to put our method of growing on line. More people should know about it. Have a Happy Easter and a wonderful day
    Kim

107. Just started drinking wheatgrass juice and so glad to stumble upon your article this morning! Very motivating to make drinking it a habit!

108. my brother is suffering from pancreas cancer, he just started the chemo, does it effect the chemo if he drinks wheat grass? please urgent reply

Thanks Doreen

Doreen | 04.15.2015 | Reply
  109. Wow, so many reasons 🙂 I’d say, there is only one reason to drink a juice every day (once or more) – health. If you want to be healthy-wealthy, juicing is a part of it process.

110. Wheatgrass….food of the future!

Jake | 06.08.2015 | Reply
  111. Do you have research to back up the claims “it contains all minerals known to man”?
    I agree it should be a part of your daily regiment for a balanced healthy diet but I don’t believe its a catch all and that if you drink it you will not need to supplement any other mineral with other fruits and vegetables.

Alex | 06.15.2015 | Reply
  112. Can wheatgrass lowers my uric acid and can cure hemmoroids?

JAY | 07.16.2015 | Reply
    • not only will it not help it will waste your money

carl crane | 07.20.2015 | Reply
  113. Hello,
    Every article I read about wheat grass it’s full of it praises and it definitely works. Recently I quit smoking after 13years and 2 days later started taking wheat grass powder mixed with water on an empty stomach. The first week I had normal break outs as usual, the second week I had breakouts on my back. I thought it’s like those detoxifying agent that initially has a reverse reaction. Third week I had breakouts on my chest for the first time in my life and after a few days that Is today I saw breakouts on my abs as well.. I have read just 1 more post like mine in countless ones about wheatgrass. So I think basically it’s working, its doing something that’s causing all this unusual breakouts but in so much quantity that it’s unbearable right now… So please advice. should I continue for a month and see how it goes?

Kushal | 07.16.2015 | Reply
  114. Absolute rubbish. There is no scientific proof whatsoever that wheatgrass builds blood, and as blood cells are iron based and wheatgrass is magnesium based it is physically, scientifically and medically impossible

Steve | 07.20.2015 | Reply
  115. this is so stupid it made me laugh for about five minutes

carl crane | 07.20.2015 | Reply
  116. To control melanin in our body we required a,c,e,k vitamins.where wheat grass contains those.. as described above in this article,what do u say? any suggestions please..

PHANI | 07.22.2015 | Reply
  117. What you don’t mention is that chlorophyll cannot be processed by the human stomach – you need a digestive system like a cow in order to process grass. All you have to do is look at the nutritional information on the side of a box of wheatgrass (they sell it on Amazon) to see that the “nutritional” value is near zero. This whole wheatgrass thing, especially the people who think it’s going to cure their cancer, is just way WAY out of line medically speaking. You are just as likely to be cured by hanging wheatgrass over your bed and praying to it. The “mega protein” claim is also bogus. You would have to drink a QUART of this nasty stuff in order to get the same protein as one chicken breast.

HDOG | 07.25.2015 | Reply
  118. Great article and lots of us have felt the benefits ourselves! – it’s good to read the comments!
    I’d add that you should make sure you get a good quality wheatgrass – I’ve been taking it for years and the quality has really taken a real dive! If you have taken a good quality wheatgrass and a poor one you know what I mean and you’ll have felt the difference. I would avoid any wheatgrass from china as you can pretty much guarantee that while it’s cheap, it’s terrible. If you want to be safe get Raw wheatgrass powder because it’s had minimal processing or if you can, have fresh shots. Enjoy!

Ellie | 08.03.2015 | Reply
    • Yes I use raw wheatgrass powder too – there is a massive difference – I really don’t feel the benefits from the over-produced stuff.

Charlotte | 09.02.2015 | Reply
    • Interesting point Ellie. I guess wheatgrass is like any veg so raw will have the biggest benefits. I am looking for an alternative to growing my own as I’m just not keeping up with it, so I’ll try a raw powder.

Will | 10.05.2015 | Reply
  119. I’m in Ghana and in need of fresh wheatgrass. where can I get some. Can I grow it here?

Doreen | 08.09.2015 | Reply
  120. Hi
    I am very aware of the wonderful benifits of wheatgeass. I have a friend in his early 70s with a very bad case of shingles. I was told maybe a wheatgrass spray would be a help, have you had any experience with shingles & wheatgrass.
    Regards Barry

Barry | 08.20.2015 | Reply
  121. I have a question for the chalkboard. … I don’t have a juicer for Wheatgrass (only a regular juicer) could i get the same benefits using in my vitamix? (More fiber definitely)

• I learned to grow and juice wheatgrass at an institute and from all I learned, it looks like the grass cannot be mixed in a blender or basically the pulp should not be consumed. It can, however be used as an external tincture for certain skin ailments as indicated in the article which I have seen done many times.

Amber | 10.11.2015 | Reply
  122. I have vitiligo (white patches) since many years. If I take wheat grass juice daily whether it will be cured.

Savita | 11.05.2015 | Reply
  123. I have heard that organic young wheat leaves contain 100 micronutrients that positively affect our health. You have given as a list of many benefits of wheatgrass but neither you nor http://healthyfitnatural.com/ have not given us any recipe on this subject. I wanna know how to make ti, when and how much to drink eat or eat it? Please be so kind to make some recipes considering wheatgrass and young green wheatgrass (I have heard that it is more powerful than wheatgrass). Thanx!

Joanne | 11.22.2015 | Reply
  124. Dear All,

I think we must live happily and continue to work for our personal goal and achievements. Hope you all understand and support me !

Regards
    BK

125. That is one awesome list!!

And yes using a masticating juicer is certainly the best way to juice wheat grass. i would personally stay away from using a blender though unless you enjoy the rugged fibre that goes with the juice.

But there’s no doubting the benefits of wheat grass. So good for you. You just need to be creative with what you mix it with in order to alleviate the sharp taste. I find a hint of lemon juice works well.

126. Whole foods grocery market sells organic wheatgrass juice shots with apple juice in it …gluten free, is this beneficial and fresh ? Are the benefits the same as drinking it freely squeezed?

127. I have been drinking wheatgrass juice for more than two years…did wonders for me and my hair.
    Then I stop drinking for a view months.
    I can feel the different effect… In my body and the sudden loss of hair and aging results are scary.. Lol
    I just started today. Being ill with flue, cold and sinus…it made me feel better…open sinus, less flem on the chest and I’m energetic again.
    It even helps me as a gluten allergic…to eat and enjoy low GI bread.
    I love wheatgrass juice!!

Regards
    Sonja

Sonja Hawke | 01.20.2016 | Reply
  128. Just to.share a.true story.
    My brother was in hospital with bed sores..
    His lip, knees and hills. After two applications of wheatgrass juice….it was healing with a breathtaking difference!

Sonja Hawke | 01.20.2016 | Reply
  129. At what time we have to take the juice?

Guetta | 01.22.2016 | Reply
  130. I always have serious or chronic sinusitis or Cold, Flu . Can Wheatgrass cure it?

Albustaany | 01.22.2016 | Reply
  131. I had a ulcerative colitis and blood is running while I go in Toilet.
    My Dr advice for lab test , Oh from lab test ( By endoscopy ) I had a ulcerative colitis,
    Dr advice me to take medicine three times in day and change some dose alternate day.
    and told me that you have to be on this medicine whole life,
    I surprise how I manage this, I was alone at that time and do the job and prepared food myself,
    immediately I take decision and run to my sister house in India,
    She know about wheatgrass juice, what she do take 7 baskets and put wheat in soil and put in SUN
    after seven days in morning cut the top grass leaves and bland with earthen pot water.
    I drink every day one glass fresh juice in morning empty stomach.
    with in a week my stool comes smoothly without blood
    after two months I go to Dr he check with endoscopy camera ..
    Surprise that I don’t have a U.C. now.
    I had at that time indignation and acidity problems.
    All that goes, Only I am now taking care of food ( No spicy and fry food )
    and going to bed early with prayer.
    I can say any person have a heath problem they can try.
    I read book of this and that gives me more idea and morally strength.
    It says more then 100 minor health deceases can get help by this juice.
    GOD has given so many thing only we do not use it in proper manner,
    but let’s try now.
    only take fresh juice slowly and if you get some uneasy adjust as your body behaviour.
    and take advice of experience person.
    This is my experience and I am sharing !!!!!

Kishor patel | 01.24.2016 | Reply
  132. Is the wheatgrass powder good for those who are suffering from MUL-
    TIPLE MYELOMA (a type of Cancer) ?

Madan Kumar Moktan | 01.31.2016 | Reply
  133. Been drinking wheatgrass for 4 years now, i am 31 i look like im 21, i have limitless energy and can run and lift for days. This stuff is amazing!

Mike | 02.14.2016 | Reply
  134. Don’t tell me wheatgrass in powder form is only 1% effective

Amos maina | 02.23.2016 | Reply
  135. I once again on wheat grass juice. Thank you for the good information.

Michael Urciuoli | 02.23.2016 | Reply
  136. Some of the facts are repeated in this article. Just fyi…
    On a more positive note, I agree whole heartedly with all the benefits of chlorophyll! Chlorella (an algae) also has an insane amount of chlorophyll in it as well (possibly more than wheat grass) so that is also an option for those looking for the benefits of chlorophyll but can’t stand the taste of wheat grass juice. If you get chlorella in tablet form, make sure it’s “broken cell wall” or “thin cell wall” and preferably from Korea- the higher the quality the better!
    Just food for thought! 🙂

Cydney | 02.25.2016 | Reply
  137. Hello. Can anyone tell me if someone is a diabetic take wheatgrass? Thank you Sarah Molloy

Sarah molloy | 02.28.2016 | Reply
  138. Great article on wheatgrass juice! I drink every morning wheatgrass juice. I really loved reading all of these reasons.Thanks for this helpful information.

139. Wheatgrass is amazing. I must admit I didnt like the taste so now I’m using the effervescent version which I bought from Amazon http://amzn.to/1pfU8E5

Neil Davidson | 03.09.2016 | Reply
  140. Yes you can grow it your self, it’s not easy, ive been growing my ownnow for a year. Its messy, draws thes knsts, i have right now 8 trays going and still run out.. i doca double shot every morning. Thats it. I think i will go to the powder kind. Ive read articles and seems like the powder us just as effective. Any thoughts????

Jean Herbert | 03.19.2016 | Reply
  141. It looks like you should say 49 reasons to drink wheat grass since #2 and # 26 are the same.
    never the less I love your page.

142. I know that if I could juice wheatgrass that would be great, but to much time and money. I have been using a product called Balanced Green Energy Food that was formulated by a naturopathic 24 years ago. It is loaded in powdered wheatgrass along with 10 other amazing superfoods, very high concentration in this blend. It has changed my health as well as several of my family and friends. It became available to the public 3 years ago, and you have to read all the written testimonies and videos on there website from other customers, it is amazing. Like other green drinks they just didn’t have impact like this and the price it so affordable. I say make your life easy, affordable and experience huge benefits.

Kathryn | 04.03.2016 | Reply
  143. wow that was an exhaustive read 🙂 i still am wondering is organic wheat grass powder worth having? i dont see my self growing it (lazy) and terrible with plants…..had i my first ever shot this morning…wasnt too bad….but its powder…feeling a bit disheartened to think it might be pointless to have the powdered form…pls advice…thanks.Tina

Tina | 04.05.2016 | Reply
  144. Recently I started drinking wheat grass juice in the morning because I have heard of its many benefits. Its just because of you!

145. Hello, I take wheatgrass in tablet form, are there any health benefits with this?

Rosanna | 04.09.2016 | Reply
    • Please take fresh wheat grass from ur garden for 100% benefit.Don’t buy them just grow them

Anitha | 06.03.2016 | Reply
  146. I like your article. I am also using wheatgrass

147. I drink a powdered wheatgrass everyday once a day with a little organic orange and tumeric juice.
    Is there a difference between the powdered and liquid wheatgrass. I want to make sure I am
    Getting all of the right properties and nutrients as possible. Also the brand I drink is “amazing grass organic wheatgrass”. Is that a good brand to be using every day??

Canaan | 04.13.2016 | Reply
  148. This grass is grown very easily. In ten days you can have 20 one once servings just Google how to grow on utube it is amazing juice better then any powders along with tumric root fresh not powder
    It is said cancer can not exist.
    Other countries do not use the same things that the US dose for Cancer and thay have grate results
    No side affects

FRANK WHITNEY | 04.14.2016 | Reply
  149. I’ll take note of these 50 reasons when I start growing and juicing my wheatgrass 🙂 Thanks for the info!

150. I knew about wheetgrass since very long but never took intiative. Now i have started growing it in my house & am taking it since 10 days. Its amazing. I am feeling a lot of change in my health. I am feeling very much energetic & having less pains in my body. I think in due course of time it will help my eyes also as i am suffering from eye problem.

Darshan kumari | 05.15.2016 | Reply
  151. I’m no longer positive where you’re getting your info, but great topic.
    I must spend a while learning more or understanding more.
    Thank you for great info I was searching for this information for my
    mission.

152. Great article! I think today health food and lifestyle is a big problem, because now we have a lot of fast food and GMOs in our life. Juicing is a really easy way to be more healthy

153. Worth the watch you-tube “The Truth about Cancer” by Ty Bollinger a 9 part series. Episode 3 is of particular interest “Cancer Killing Viruses, Cancer Stem Cells, GMO’s, Juicing & Eating the Rainbow”

Bone | 05.24.2016 | Reply
  154. am jacqueline i anormally experience shap pain on my left lower side of abdomen,and doctor told me i should be taking alot of water.and also gave me some antibiotics to ease the pain.should i start taking wheat grass coz it seems ihv an inffection on my kidney.

jacqueline willard | 05.28.2016 | Reply
  155. Do not buy wheat grass at stores.Grow in ur garden(needed just a pot,if possible don’t use potting soil,instead use soil from ground ).You get 4 pound of wheat germ just under 10 bucks) in Amazon.And it grows within 4 days when planted as tiny sprouted seeds(needed 1 r 2 spoons of seeds at a time,soak the seeds in water&drain&keep drained seeds in a wet cloth until sprout appears)

Anitha | 06.03.2016 | Reply
  156. Soak seeds for 10 hrs

Anitha | 06.03.2016 | Reply
  157. My husband is 6 months postop lover transplant due to alpha1 blood disease they told us. Would wheatgrass be ok to take. He is on prograf and keppra and flomax

sue ferguson | 06.05.2016 | Reply
  158. I meant liver transplant

sue ferguson | 06.05.2016 | Reply
  159. It’s really unbelievable thing. 4 years back I was diagnosed with anemia..My ferritin level was almost zero. I was not able to stand for more than 30 minutes. There was unbearable pain in back..no energy in my body to do my routine activities. I started taking iron supplements as suggested my physician and added I glass of wheat juice empty stomach in morning. Results were amazing…in 15 days I was back to my routine life..as I need to stand for atleast 3-4 hrs continuously in a day. There was no problem in taking stairs…no morning sickness. In three months my reports were above average. There was full of energy…I was feeling 10 years younger. I continued it for 1 year then I discontinued it just because of its taste…and I was little scared that may be my body will be dependent on this.

Neetu | 06.06.2016 | Reply
  160. ALL HERBIVOROUS LIKE THE ELEPHANT, THE HORSE ETC ARE REALLY THE KING OF THE NATURE AND THE GRASS THAT COME OUT OF THE WHEAT IS A NECTAR IT REALLY HAS WONDERFUL EFFECT EVERYONE MUST HAVE IT

161. Where can i get wheatgrass in jamaica

Nordia Clarke | 06.28.2016 | Reply
  162. Yup, not expensive can grow at home for pennies, no big deal, Just need the hand grinder that will juice it.

craig | 07.05.2016 | Reply
  163. this is true 100%

alex burden | 07.13.2016 | Reply
  164. For those of you who aren’t aware of Nuttiblade, it’s the first bottled wheatgrass beverage – each bottle contains 5 shots of wheatgrass. Simple. Convenient & its tastes great!

Keli | 07.21.2016 | Reply
  165. I have been consuming wheat grass juice since a while now and I believe it is the best remedy to most of the ailments. I had stumbled upon this article – http://www.organicgarden.co.in/index.php/blog/cat/health-and-nutrition/post/what-makes-the-wheat-grass-anti-cancer/ and that is when I decided to order the juice.

Megha Das | 07.25.2016 | Reply
  166. Thank for this article. I started to drink wheatgrass juice and i bought juicer at http://juicer.guru/best-wheatgrass-juicers-review

167. Does anyone know if wheat grass would help my 80 year old dads eyesight….he has been diagnosed with quite a serious problem 🙁

Valerie doherty | 08.10.2016 | Reply
  168. A person named Donna on 15Aug2014 gave a very easy way to grow your own wheat grass, but did not reply to Kate’s question a few days afterwards as to at what lenght you can start to “harvest”.
    I would also like to know.

Mervin de Jager | 08.11.2016 | Reply
  169. This is all total bullshit. I doubt the person who wrote this took even one biology course in high school or even college. Not one claim is explained. Hemoglobin and chlorophyll having a different central atom is massively important and will in no way help oxygen move through the blood. Also humans can’t break down cellulose so there is no way to absorb the chlorophyll trapped within plant cells

Xavier | 08.12.2016 | Reply
  170. Very good article. wheatgrass has a higher nutritional content than any other vegetable, protects against inflammation, builds red blood cells and improves circulation. For more insights check http://sonalisharmablogs.blogspot.in/2015/08/health-drink-organic-wheatgrass.html

Sonali | 08.14.2016 | Reply
  171. Here is a great source for great quality – shipped anywhere: https://www.dynamicgreens.com/en-ca/wheatgrass-en-ca/ Also, these folks set out information about potential mould on wheatgrass –

Caroline | 08.21.2016 | Reply