Vegan ice cream has come a long way, most notably, when Pressed Juicery launched our frozen obsession, Freeze, a totally clean plant-based soft serve that tastes better than most ice creams we’ve ever had (no lie!).
Most of LA — and half of NYC — is hooked on the clean sundaes from Pressed — even when the weather drops, but getting Freeze at home is tough unless you’re super close to a store. Earlier this year, the cold-pressed juicery quietly launched Frozen, the hard-packed pint version of Freeze that’s slowly become the center of all our late night plans.
Frozen (in Matcha, Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry) is available in LA only, for the time being, for either pick-up or local delivery. Stay tuned as these plant-based pints make their way into more accessible locations soon. In the meantime, gather vegan ice cream sundae inspiration from our nutritionist du jour, Jennie Miremadi…
So many vegan ice creams are filled with refined sugar and other inflammatory ingredients.
They can leave you feeling just as unwell as eating regular dairy-based ice cream. When I
heard that Pressed Juicery had created their own line of super clean vegan ice creams, I was so
excited to try them. They did not disappoint! I felt great after eating them, and I was blown away
by the phenomenal taste!
When it comes to ice cream, I like the classics — chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. Pressed
Juicery has all three flavors, which inspired me to create this quick and easy Neapolitan ice
cream sundae recipe. The toppings are decadent and delicious, but also 100% vegan and
refined sugar-free. This sundae is also fun to make and even more fun to eat!
The Ultimate Vegan Ice Cream Sundae
Serves 2 – I recommend eating half now and saving the other half for later. Or, grab two spoons and share it with someone you love!
Coconut Whipped Cream
1 14-oz. can coconut cream (BPA-free, gum free)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Vanilla stevia to taste (optional)
1. Place can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
2. The next day, remove coconut cream from the fridge, open the can and scoop out the
thick, solidified coconut cream (reserve the clear liquid at the bottom of the can for later
use in your favorite smoothie recipe).
3. Place coconut cream in the bowl of a standing mixer with the whisk attachment. Whip
coconut cream for about 1 minute, or until fluffy.
4. Then, add vanilla to coconut cream (and stevia to taste, if desired) and continue mixing
until incorporated, for about one more minute.
5. Set coconut whipped cream aside for use with Neapolitan Ice Cream Sundae. Any extra
whipped cream can be covered and stored in the fridge for later use.
Vegan Chocolate Sauce
½ cup vegan, refined sugar-free chocolate chips or chunks
¼ cup Pressed Juicery Vanilla Almond Milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
1. Add ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over low heat.
2. Stir continuously until chocolate melts and ingredients are completely blended together
into a thick chocolate sauce.
3. Take saucepan off of heat and set chocolate sauce aside for use with Neapolitan Ice Cream Sundae. Any extra sauce can be covered and stored in the fridge for later use. [To reheat sauce, add refrigerated chocolate sauce to saucepan with additional vanilla almond milk and stir continuously over low heat until chocolate sauce melts and ingredients are blended together. Be sure to add as much almond milk as necessary to reach desired sauce consistency. Remove sauce from heat and serve with ice cream].
How to Put Together the Vegan Ice Cream Sundae!
Coconut Whipped Cream
Vegan Chocolate Sauce
1 tsp vegan, refined sugar-free chocolate, chopped (for sprinkling)
1 tsp. pecans, chopped
Pressed Juicery Strawberry Ice Cream
Pressed Juicery Vanilla Ice Cream
Pressed Juicery Chocolate Ice Cream
1 dark, sweet cherry for garnish (optional)
Place one small scoop of chocolate ice cream at the bottom of a glass, pressing down to
create a first layer of ice cream. Next, place one small scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of chocolate ice cream, and
press down on vanilla ice cream to create a second layer.Then, place one small scoop of strawberry ice cream on top of vanilla ice cream, and
press down on strawberry ice cream to create a third layer.
Top strawberry ice cream with a thin layer of coconut whipped cream. Drizzle chocolate sauce over whipped cream. Top with additional whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped chocolate and pecans.
Top sundae with a cherry, if desired. Serve and enjoy!