Here at TCM, we eat, sleep and breathe wellness, which often leads to some pretty unique convos. The language used in the health, beauty, design and fashion industries can get a little hyper-contextual, so you can imagine the weirdness that sometimes unfolds when we combine them all at once.
Inspired by one of our fave funny Instagram accounts, OverheardLA, we occasionally track the most ridiculous things that come out of team members’ mouths at shoots, events, brainstorming session or even through email. It’s important to poke a little fun from time to time to keep things balanced. We hope these candidly odd moments make you smile — or at least smirk…
What size beekeeping suit do you wear, normally?
– PR rep to editor, in email
Sorry, can’t make it. I’m in a nine-day moon priestess facilitator training.
– blogger response to an editor, Instagram DM
These sexy radishes are my mood for life.
– photographer to team, on a shoot
I can’t go, I sprained my elbow aggressively preparing Brussels sprouts.
– blogger to editor, in conversation
You’re having a real Aquarius moment right now.
– after a team member’s long speech, at a team meeting
These baby animals are so on-brand for us.
– team member excited to source new content, peering into phone
We used to tweak out watching Braveheart before heading the to gym.
– team member on workout motivation, leaving the office for class
I’m living for this moss moment.
– editorial note, in an inspiration board meeting
I like it. It’s like chic Gatorade.
– editor to team, product tasting