With the holidayS kicking into high gear, get a leg up on the festive season by making your own versatile decorative pumpkin centerpiece. Take a pumpkin or gourde and add some succulents to create a memorable table accent that will wow all of your guests for Thanksgiving and beyond.
How to make a pumpkin centerpiece:
- 1 heirloom pumpkin (I used a “Jarrahdale” because I love its dusky blue hue, but any will do)
- succulents (remove the root balls but leave at least an inch of stem)
- reindeer or other moss
- broom corn
- oak or other tree leaves
- dusty miller leaves
- bronze fennel seed heads
- trailing amaranth, dried or fresh
- mini pumpkins or gourds to match your colors
- vintage tray or other base
- floral foam (Oasis)
- waterproof florist tape
- Bindwire or basic floral wire
Click on over to Design*Sponge to get the entire breakdown of how to make this versatile and beautiful centerpiece!
Love this idea! I am definitely going to do this for my Thanksgiving table centerpiece. Thanks!
We love it and are planning on doing the same! Are you on Twitter, Ellen? Be sure to send us a picture of your masterpiece! xo