With the holidayS kicking into high gear, get a leg up on the festive season by making your own versatile decorative pumpkin centerpiece. Take a pumpkin or gourde and add some succulents to create a memorable table accent that will wow all of your guests for Thanksgiving and beyond.
How to make a pumpkin centerpiece:
- 1 heirloom pumpkin (I used a “Jarrahdale” because I love its dusky blue hue, but any will do)
- succulents (remove the root balls but leave at least an inch of stem)
- reindeer or other moss
- broom corn
- oak or other tree leaves
- dusty miller leaves
- bronze fennel seed heads
- trailing amaranth, dried or fresh
- mini pumpkins or gourds to match your colors
- vintage tray or other base
- floral foam (Oasis)
- waterproof florist tape
- Bindwire or basic floral wire
Click on over to Design*Sponge to get the entire breakdown of how to make this versatile and beautiful centerpiece!