Gluten free, vegan, luscious, and full of life, this heavenly soup recipe is an easy must! Especially in the colder months when you want something hearty and flavorful, this veggie soup is a great option when you need something truly satisfying. Asparagus is rich in potassium, folate, vitamin A, and reduces inflammation—plus it’s high in fiber and low in calories. This asparagus soup recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or to eat before or after a cleanse!
- 3 pounds Yukon potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound asparagus (rough ends discarded) and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups almond milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Place peeled potatoes in a deep pot over the stove, and submerge in filtered water. Cover the pot, and bring water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Add the chopped asparagus to the pot, and boil for 4 minutes.
3. Drain potatoes and asparagus in a colander, and place back in covered pot for now (to keep warm).
4. In a skillet, sauté the onion in safflower oil for 7 minutes
5. Add the garlic and fresh ground black pepper to the skillet, and sauté for 2 more minutes.
6. Mix in the almond milk and lemon juice, and boil for additional 5 minutes, then combine in the pot with warm potatoes and asparagus.
7. Puree mixture in a blender. (Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to split the soup up.)
8. Reheat if desired. Enjoy, and feel sexy while relishing the creamy taste of health.
For more quick fix gluten free vegan recipes, check out kalewithlove.com or follow Kale With Love on Twitter @kalewithlove