My hair has been super dry this winter. I’ve tried using ridiculous amounts of conditioner, thinking it would help, but unfortunately, it didn’t provide the deep moisture that my hair desperately needed. In turn, I literally wasted conditioner and money down the drain.
I went on the search for a hair treatment that would moisturize my dry hair and fight flyaways and static. I think I’ve found a solution and am super happy with the results. If you, too, are looking to help your dry hair, try this super moisturizing and simple hair treatment. You’ll wonder why you didn’t try it sooner.
Ingredients and purpose:
- 2 tablespoons of honey: A natural humectant, honey has the ability to attract and retain moisture.
- 1 medium Avocado: Containing highly-coveted unsaturated oils, avocado is nutrient-dense and provides moisture.
1. Take a medium sized avocado and mash until smooth.
2. Add in 2 tablespoons of honey and mix well.
3. Apply to dry or slightly damp hair and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
4. Rinse well and follow with shampoo and conditioner if desired.
- Oily scalp: You can opt to apply this treatment starting at the midpoint of my head (ear level). This prevents the scalp from getting or feeling oily.
- Normal scalp: Feel free to massage into the scalp and hair all the way through. It’s a great treatment for your scalp, too!
We take care of our skin, but often forget to give some TLC to our hair. Treat your locks once a week with this easy DIY hair treatment. I bet you have both ingredients already in your kitchen!
Until next time, stay pretty inside and out!