- Superfood spotlight on:
Dandelion Greens and Root
- Why we love it:
You may have thought that dandelions were put on this earth only to aggravate lawn-mowing neighbors and would-be gardeners. But did you know that dandelions have many nutritional benefits? These greens are quickly becoming a popular addition to healthy diets everywhere. Dandelion root has long been used in health-balancing teas and the giant, tangley leaves are a great addition to salads and green juice.
- All the health benefits:
Dandelions are detoxifying for the liver and have a diuretic effect on the body. If you're making green juice with the intent to detox these leaves make a great addition. Dandelion leaves and roots both stimulate digestion. Providing healthy support to the gall bladder, adding dandelion to your diet means better digestion and better assimilation of nutrients . Just one cup of dandelion greens have 10% of your daily calcium intake and are high in iron and antioxidants as well, they can even help to regulate healthy blood sugar levels.
- What it looks like:
- Coming to a plate near you:
There are so many easy ways to incorporate dandelion into your diet:
- Try mixing dandelion greens into your next salad. With a slightly bitter flavor, dandelion salads can benefit quite a bit from the addition of sweeter, healthy fats like avocado or olive oil.
- Use dandelion root tea. We love the tea from Traditional Medicinals. Soothing to digestion and perfect for boosting your next juice cleanse.
- Add to green smoothies. Mix dandelion leaves right in with the kale next time you make green juice or smoothies. Just remember to include a little pear or apple to balance out the extra-green flavor.
- Cleansing Tips
- Detox Diaries
- Fitness + Well Being
All Fitness + Well BeingRecent Stories
- Yogi Caley Alyssa on Life Lessons From The Mat
Yoga is about flexibility, intuition and strength - both on and off the mat. We're talking to yogi Caley Alyssa about how her practice has shaped her perspectiv...
- Working Out While Pregnant: A Pro Answers Your Toughest Questions
Fitness expert and wellness-minded mama to be, Andrea Speir, is walking us though the must-knows of working out while pregnant...
- Food + Nutrition
All Food + NutritionRecent Stories
- These Matcha Pancakes Are Everything We Want In The Morning
Can you even call it an obsession if you're only drinking the stuff? These matcha pancakes are everything we want in the morning. We're sharing two recipe...
- What the Heck is Aquafaba?
We're exploring a few delicious uses for aquafaba, aka the culinary vegan's new bff, including wellness lattes topped with thick foamy perfection courtes...
- Lifestyle + Beauty
- Take A Look Inside These Stunning Homes Made With Eco Materials
Exquisite Surfaces offers a sustainability solution that don't call for choosing between eco-values and a sense of style. We're grabbing a few chic desig...
- How To Shop For Sustainable Fashion (And Not Go Broke)
The concept of sustainable fashion is important, but it shouldn't mean having to choose between a gallon of gas and a new flowy frock. Strike a balanc...
- News + Events
- Pressed People
- Profiles + Collabs
All Profiles + CollabsRecent Stories
- Nettles, Yoga + Face Elixirs: Mornings with Supermodel Kirsty Hume
Find out what keeps supermodel, Kirsty Hume, in such glowing shape (hint: it's the nettle tea.) We're spending the morning with Kirsty and giving awa...
- 9 Women Who Are Changing The Way We Think About Wellness
It's International Women's Day and this year, we're celebrating by spotlighting a few inspiring women who are fighting fiercely for causes we believe i...
- The Shop