It’s inevitable. If you’ve got one of those fridges always stocked with bottles of Pressed Juicery, it’s only a matter of time before the idea of a fresh-pressed cocktail comes to mind. Juice ’til dinner, juice cocktails ’til late night snack? Not the best concept for a cleanse perhaps, but if you’re going to shake up a few cocktails this summer, why not stock the bar with fresh, clean ingredients like these?
Last month, for Cinco de Mayo, we whipped up this green jalapeno juice margarita. As we played with the recipe, this grapefruit version came to life too, and it was too good not to share. Note the fresh herbs, pink salt rim, and juice ice cubes! The ice cubes couldn’t be easier and make for an impressive looking drink. We love the giant square ice molds for this, fill to the brim with juice, freeze and pour drinks right over the top. Cheers!
Pressed Juicery Grapefruit Mint Margarita
1 oz tequila, we used Patron
1 oz triple sec
5.5 oz Pressed Juicery’s Citrus 3
1 leaf fresh mint
pink salt for rim
1. Muddle lime slices in the bottom of a 16-ounce glass.
2. Pour triple sec, tequila and Pressed Juicery Citrus 3 into the glass.
3. Fill the glass with ice, then pour into a cocktail shaker; shake ingredients.
4. Wet the rim of the glass, and add salt to the rim.
5. Pour drink back into the glass and garnish with lime wedges and fresh mint.