Before summertime, everyone is motivated to get in the best shape of his or her life. They are at the gym everyday, watching calories, signing up for new exercise classes, etc. But then we are in mid-summer and it’s HOT outside, so the motivation seems to tear off and we become a little lax with our workout routines. Agree? Trust me, I understand… I want to relax with a margarita mid-day, too! That’s why I came up with this easy, no hassle workout routine.
The Do Anywhere Workout Routine
35-40 minutes of heart pumping cardio and strength training so you can burn those calories quicker, easier and more efficiently (and not feel so guilty about enjoying that cocktail by the pool later).
What you’ll need:
- Yoga Mat (you don’t need this if you are on a carpeted surface or layout a beach towel!)
- Jump Rope (you can also use your hands for an imaginary rope but using one is harder)
- 2-3 lbs. weights or a light resistance band
- Motivating workout music
- 50 jumping jacks
- 50 butt kicks
- 50 standing calf rises
- 1-minute jump rope
- 30 high knees
- 30 lunges
- 30 squats
- 30 jump squats (jump up in the air between each squat)
- 20 push-ups (straight legs or on knees)
- 30 second plank
- 50 tummy tucks (stay in plank position and pull alternating knees to chest)
- 30 second superman (lay flat on stomach; look down; lift arms and legs up; hold)
- 1 minute bridge (lay on back; lift hips up and hold – do not arch back)
- 20 leg lifts (lay on back; legs straight up; lower & lift legs)
- 20 butt lifts (stay on back; legs straight up; tuck & lift butt up 1-inch and lower)
- 50 bicep curls (with weights or resistance band)
- 50 triceps dips
- 30-second downward dog
Rest for 30 seconds and repeat 2 more times!
Enjoy that poolside cocktail!
This is PERFECT. Can’t wait to utilize this next time I’m traveling somewhere random for work!
[…] Try doing something active each day! Even if it’s as simple as a walk on the beach, exploring the city, a 10-minute ab circuit, yoga, stretching, or a quick workout at the gym (if your place of stay has one). Here is a great workout by The Chalkboard Magazine that you can do anywhere . […]
[…] Give your muscle some stimulation by practicing one of the many time-saving and highly efficient “Hotel Room Workouts” you can easily find online such as this one or this one. […]