I love a simple, easy and inexpensive craft project more than just about anything. I also love making accessories and when you combine the two, it’s always a win!
I created this fun and festive pair of Cupid-inspired earrings out of just a few supplies in well under an hour. Something special to put together and wear out with your sweetie or gift to someone you love this Valentine’s Day!
- Two different colors of suede
- Jump rings
- A pair of ear wires
- Sharp scissors
- Jewelry pliers
- Fabric glue
- Small nail
1. Cut two triangles and two smaller diamond shapes from the pieces of suede.
2. Glue the diamond shapes onto the triangle by folding it in half on top making them as straight as possible.
3. Use a couple of clothespins or heavy books and press the pieces together until the glue dries.
4. Using a hammer and a small nail, pierce a small hole into each corner of the triangles.
5. Use the jewelry pliers to add a jump ring and a small length of chain to each corner through the holes you just made. Make sure to count the chain links so that each side is equal.
6. Add a larger jump ring to connect the two lengths of chain and then hang them on the ear wires.
Rebekah Gough is an artist and blogger living in the Seattle area with her husband and three children (with #4 on the way)! She blogs daily at A Bit of Sunshine about design, diy, photography, dating her husband and anything that makes her smile even when the Seattle skies are gray!