Alle Weil is a women’s holistic health practitioner, Reiki Master, holistic skincare expert, and founder of the product line Flora ex Machina. Her integrated approach to health incorporates traditional healing modalities and culinary practices combined with modern science, flower remedies and energy work.
In her lastest digital cookbook, The Official Royal Ghee Cookbook Alle spotlights uses of her decadent ghee and honey-based superfood spread, Royal Ghee—a culinary wonder blended with adaptogenic and superfood herbs.
We love the superfood ghee in the Japanese sweet potato recipe below and on just about everything else— toast, tea or plain on a spoon!
Ghee Glazed Japanese Sweet Potatoes
Royal Ghee Gold pairs perfectly with one of my most beloved vegetables, Japanese sweet potatoes. A tang of spice and a hint of sweetness, this dish makes a wonderful side dish or even hearty and vibrant vegetarian centerpiece. Top with a generous portion of fresh herbs.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
1 large Japanese sweet potato
1 cup finely chopped herbs including parsley and scallions
1 tbsp Royal Ghee Gold
1 tbsp additional plain ghee or oil for cooking
Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease baking pan with regular ghee and add thinly sliced potatoes.
3. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until golden brown and tender.
4. While baking, prep herbs and finely chop.
5. Remove potatoes from oven and add to serving dish. Add Royal Ghee Gold over potatoes and spread over all the potatoes.
6. Add a generous portion of herbs and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Royal Ghee makes an excellent pairing to savory foods, such as veggies, meats and eggs. Simply prepare to your liking and add a spoonful of Royal Ghee to your prepared foods for an upgraded meal.