If you want to give your skin a boost and get the most out of your daily skin care products, consider using a facial mask once to twice a week. Masks can help exfoliate dead skin cells, draw out impurities, unclog pores, tighten your skin and provide additional moisture, allowing your daily products to work more effectively. The best part is that unlike other skin care products that may be challenging to make at home, you can use everyday items in your kitchen to make a customized mask!
During the cold winter months, skin can become dry and itchy. Creams and lotions can’t penetrate your skin to provide moisture if dead skin cells are acting as a barrier. Here is a super easy DIY moisturizing exfoliant facial mask that will exfoliate your skin and add moisture, leaving your skin soft and supple!
Ingredients and purpose:
- ¼ of an avocado (mashed with fork) – super moisturizing
- 1 slice of lemon (squeezed juice) – exfoliates and moisturizes
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil – cleans and nourishes skin
- 1 tablespoon of honey – kills germs and is anti-inflammatory
- Use fork or spoon to mix ingredients in a bowl. So simple!
- Before you apply, take a warm wet towel and hold over your washed face for 2-3 minutes. This will open up your pores.
- Use your fingers or a synthetic foundation brush to apply. The mask may drip, so be sure to have a shirt that you can wash.
- Relax for 10-15 minutes. Wash well with warm water. Apply moisturizer.
Notice how supple and soft your skin is?
Until next time, stay pretty inside and out!