What happens when you take a bunch of superfoods like salmon, pine nuts and kale and throw them into a bowl? Just as much magic as you’d think!
Whether you’re able to source all of these ingredients fresh from the farmers’ market or make the recipe later in the year and alter it with ingredients from your pantry, this is a fun and delicious go-to lunch or dinner recipe that makes getting a great big punch of nutrition a breeze!
Smoked Salmon & Kale Salad
- large bunch of cleaned, deveined, chopped Kale (any style; I used a mix of Tuscan and Red kale)
- 1 tbs. toasted pine nuts 2 tbs.
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-6 oz smoked salmon, broken into chunks
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 med carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup cooked, chilled quinoa (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted corn cut from the cob (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dijion mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 tbs capers, rinsed and chopped
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- splash of red wine vinegar
- handful of chopped Italian parsley
Add the kale to a large bowl and add a heavy drizzle of olive oil. Massage the kale until well coated, then add the rest of the ingredients. Finish with dressing and toss to coat.
For dressing, place dijion, garlic, agave, red wine vinegar, parsley, and capers in a bowl before slowly incorporating the olive oil. Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to make this a vegetarian dish by adding more quinoa and removing the salmon!