Special occasions make it hard to eat healthy, let alone gluten-free, vegan or raw. This Valentineâ€™s Day, declare your love with this delicious, decadent Raw Chocolate Pudding Pie made with a crust of Hail Merry Macaroons. Yes, the whole pie is gluten-free, vegan and raw – even the macaroons! Experience this harmonious marriage of taste and health in your mouth! Chocolate + organic coconut oil = xoxo from Hail Merry.
- 6-20 Hail Merry Chocolate Macaroons (use Blondes for a more traditional crust)
1. Bring macaroons to room temperature and press evenly into 8 or 9-inch pie pan.
2. Use the bottom of a glass cup to help smash macaroons into place and Refrigerate until ready to fill.
Chocolate Pudding (Adapted from Matthew Kenneyâ€™s Milk Chocolate Pudding Recipe):
- 2 large avocadoes, pitted and contents scooped out
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon raw almond nut butter (or any nut butter)
- Â¾ cup raw agave nectar
- Â¾ cup organic dark cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil, melted
- Â¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Â¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender (Vita-Mix) until smooth.
2. Place pudding into prepared Macaroon crust. Refrigerate while preparing topping.
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries (or 1 Â¼ cup fresh)
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender until well combined. If desired, press mixture through a fine mesh strainer for a smooth consistency.
2. Pour on top of pie in the middle and spread evenly and decoratively.
3. Serve immediately or refrigerate. The pie is best consumed within 2 days. Feed your body royally with Hail Merry!
For more recipes,Â go to the Hail Merry Blog.