Green Juice Cleanse - Reasons To Drink Green Juice
12.31.12

The Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach Florida is a leader in natural health care and founded on  a the philosophy of a vegan, living, enzyme-rich diet. Dr. Brian Clement, co-Director of Hippocrates Health Institute is a huge advocate of drinking fresh, green juices and is sharing one of his favorite green juice recipes with us. If you don’t drink green juice on a regular basis, here are a few reasons to consider slipping a few of these power-packed drinks into your daily routine!

Green juice…

1.Detoxifies the body – It’s very cleansing and assists in the removal of toxins that people absorb everyday

2.Fosters healthy weight loss

3. Helps to alkalize the body (This is important as many diseases thrive in acidic conditions)

4. Strengthens your immune system

5. Gives you more energy (because juicing reduces the energy your body needs to digest foods)

Brian Clement drinks two liters of juice a day and over half of that is made of sprouts, which are 30 times more nutritious than even the best vegetables! This juice combines two different types of sprouts: pea sprouts and sunflower sprouts.

• Dr Clement's Sprouted Green Juice—For a 20 oz. serving of green juice, simply combine the following:

• Ingredients:

·         5 oz. sunflower sprouts
    ·         5 oz. pea sprouts
    ·         5 oz. cucumber
    ·         5 oz. celery

1. I know I definitely feel so much better when I’m drinking a green juice daily. We posted our favorite and super easy recipe here http://sisterdisco.com/2012/03/17/one-word-two-ways-green/

2. Any suggested subs for the celery? Can’t stand the taste, but the rest sounds great!

Mary | 01.03.2013 | Reply
    • Hi Mary! If you absolutely cannot stand even a hint of celery, try subbing cucumber – both have a high water content, and you might find the taste to be more subtle.

The Chalkboard | 01.03.2013 | Reply
  3. I would like to start incorporating this into my diet. I was wondering if you drink 2L as a meal replacement, and if not, how many calories should I strive for a day?

Kelly | 03.29.2013 | Reply
    • Hi Kelly, so glad you are interested in adding green juice to your lifestyle. Juice can be added into your day at any time – if you are curious about how many calories is right for your body per day, it’s best to consult your health practitioner. Good luck!

The Chalkboard | 03.29.2013 | Reply
  4. We’re making baby steps towards changing the way we live and what we eat. For a few years now we’ve been drinking Green Plant Juice, a product sold by Trader Joes. Do you know about this product and if so, what are your thoughts about this product? Our 4 yr old son loves this TJs green juice and has been drinking it (mixed with half water) since he was 2 yr old. He doesn’t like many veggies so we feel like this green plant juice is a good thing until he eats more veggies. We’ve loved the TJs green plant juice as an alternative to the typical fruit juices for kids, which are mostly sugar and added ingredients. We want to get a juicer but haven’t yet, mainly because we aren’t sure what kind of juicer to get. I realize the fresher the better…so we need to get a juicer!

Ryan | 05.14.2013 | Reply
    • Ryan, you’re right – fresh is best – but we applaud your steps in the right direction! Just getting greens into your son is a great start! Kids love Pressed Juicery Greens juices believe it or not as well!

Suzanne Hall | 05.15.2013 | Reply
  5. I do not even know the way I ended up here, however I thought this
    put up used to be great. I don’t recognize who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger should you aren’t already.
    Cheers!

6. I have started juicing but I make it at night and if I drink it in the morning then it doesn’t taste as good, would drinking green juice at night say around 8:30 or 9 be ok?

Laura | 10.16.2013 | Reply
  7. I have been juicing fruit and veg for years ,but just recently started adding wheatgrass .will I still get the benefit of the wheatgrass, or should I just mix the wheatgrass with fresh water.

Rose Gallacher | 11.07.2013 | Reply
    • Drink wheatgrass straight up, or along with your juice – either will do!

The Chalkboard | 11.08.2013 | Reply
  8. Novice in juicing and loving it. How much wheatgrass should we drink a day? Don’t want to overdo it.

Karla Fennessy | 11.10.2013 | Reply
    • Hi Karla – try one shot a day and take it from there!

The Chalkboard | 11.13.2013 | Reply
  9. Is this juice meant to be processed in a juicer, or could I use a blender?

Brooke | 11.18.2013 | Reply
    • Hi Brooke, we recommend using a juicer!

The Chalkboard | 11.18.2013 | Reply
  10. I want to start drinking wheatgrass. Do I buy fresh juice, powder or frozen shots. Which is the best and where can I buy it?

Tricia Williams | 04.04.2014 | Reply
  11. i heard about wheat grass in the past one week in connection with ridding grey hair and bald heads. Is it true that it does such wonders?

isaac | 04.12.2014 | Reply
  12. I drink a green juice drink daily that includes romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumber, lemon, turmeric root, and fresh ginger. I use a high end juicer I bought from William Sonoma. I was wondering if these ingredients are healthy and safe for everyday consumption. Often I will make a batch with several servings that both my husband and I drink during the day. I cover it tightly and leave it in the refrigerator. Is this safe? Would greatly appreciate a response!
    Thank you!

Charlene | 04.15.2014 | Reply
    • Very healthy and safe, Charlene – you’ve got yourself a superpowered green juice!

The Chalkboard | 04.18.2014 | Reply
  13. Just like Ryan, I am also starting to change the way I eat. I started with just one glass of fresh green juice everyday since last week. Now, I’m very addicted to juicing. I would love to try your recipe as soon as I get home. Thanks for sharing.

14. I am doing the 2 oz of wheatgrass juice for my Mother, a Type2 Diabetic. She has had a headache, but when clean is in, dirty is out. It does go away during the day. Blood sugar is coming down, Blood pressure is still a little elevated. Just like anything it takes time. Her memory is a grave concern. Hoping it helps her there most. Not knowing your own children is a problem. Dementia and Alzheimers along with Sundowners has been ruled out. It is more like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. She wants to get better and I am going to do all I can to help her. We only have one Mother!!!!

lynn | 08.04.2014 | Reply