- 12 or so Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, safflower oil, or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice each Brussels sprout in half using a sharp knife and set in deep bowl.
3. Mix olive oil, balsamic, mustard and juice of ½ the lemon until consistent dressing texture. You can use a food processor or shake vigorously in a covered jar.
4. Set aside ¼ cup of dressing for later. Distribute remaining dressing on spouts and mix thoroughly but lightly with your hands so all sprouts are marinated.
5. Lay them flat on a baking pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, toss them around and add in your ¼ cup dressing that you set aside. Toss again.
7. Roast in oven for additional 10 minutes at 250 degrees.
8. Remove from oven, sprinkle with juice from remaining lemon halve and serve hot.
9. You can also refrigerate these and toss them in a chilled salad the next day!