We love to share recipes straight from our readers! This fresh and savory recipe comes from reader and food blogger Michelle Dehaven of The Fig and The Pig. Serve up this salad with a ton of shaved ricotta salata and prepare dinner guests to be dazzled. Fresh, simple and best at room temperature this recipe works for a crowd and is also delicious cold and straight in front of fridge!
Farro Salad with Grilled Chicken and Ricotta Salata
- 1 lb farro cooked al dente
- endive (about 8 sliced)
- pint of cherry or grape tomatoes (sliced)
- handful of basil, chiffonade
- 1 oz (or more, to taste) chopped parsley
- 1 lb of grilled chicken, sliced (I like to marinate overnight in garlic, lemon, olive oil, crushed red pepper and herbs)
- 1 oz toasted pine nuts
For Dressing (All ingredients to taste - don’t be afraid to use a heavy hand with the lemon and garlic!):
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh garlic
- salt/pepper to taste
Toss the salad, whisk the dressing and you’ve got a simple, but elegant meal to enjoy al fresco with friends!