Turn literature into art by creating a wreath out of the pages of an old book. You could use vintage books, magazines, or sheet music for this project or even select a book off of your own bookshelf that you don’t think you’ll read again.
- 10″ foam wreath
- Paperback novel (depending on the length of the book, you may need two)
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Small strip of ribbon
- Cut or tear a page out of the book and roll it in a circle, being careful not to crease the page.
- After rolling the page, apply some glue at the end of the roll and glue it to the foam wreath. You will do this layer all the way around the wreath. When you have finished the full circle, flip the wreath over. That layer will become the bottom.
- You will now fold a little tab on the bottom edge and apply glue only to that tab. Work your way from the bottom of the wreath up to the top, finishing one layer before moving to the next.
- If you see gaps in your wreath, simply roll a page, apply glue to the ends, and apply it to either the styro-foam or to the pages already glued; this can add some height and visual interest to your wreath.
- Glue a folded scrap of ribbon on the back to serve as a hanger, and you’re ready to hang your piece of literary art!