This is the easiest project ever for a get-together with friends! Perfect for serving a cheese selection or any sort of hors d’oeuvre for a crowd, this chalkboard serving platter can be made in under an hour.
- a porcelain tray or platter
- Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Chalkboard Paint
- a soft bristle paint brush (a watercolor brush works well)
- your kitchen oven
- Make sure your platter is clean and dry.
- Using the soft bristle brush, paint the surface of the platter with the chalkboard paint. You will be able to see the brush strokes after the paint dries, so you may have to apply two thin coats of paint, allowing the first coat to dry completely before applying the second.
- Let the paint dry for 24 hours.
- Bake your platter in the oven for 30 minutes at 300 degrees.
- After baking, turn off the oven and let your platter cool to room temperature. The paint will dry to form a hard, flat, black matte finish that may be written on with chalk. Your platter is now dishwasher and microwave safe, and ready to be labeled and shared with your friends!