Craving take-out? Whip up this easy noodle salad up instead! Gluten-free and vegan, it’s also a great crowd-pleasing dish to take along to summer parties.
- 1lb brown rice noodles, fettuccine style
- ¾ c light coconut milk
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ c fresh ground peanut butter
- ¼ c roasted tahini paste
- 2-3 T tamari soy sauce
- 1 bird chili or 1 t crushed red pepper
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- salt to taste
- ¼ toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ c thai basil, cut into ribbons
- 1 cucumber, seeded and cut into half-rounds (optional)
Cook the rice noodles until they are slightly firm to the bite. Rinse them with cold water, drain and set aside in a large bowl.
Combine the coconut milk, garlic, peanut butter, tahini, chili and tamari in a blender and whiz until smooth. Pour over the rice noodles, add in the bell peppers and mix well. Garnish with sesame seeds, basil and cucumber.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.