Spring has brought a lot of gorgeous produce to my local farmers’ market, but it would be in poor taste if I didn’t celebrate asparagus as long as it’s in season. This soup is an asparagus lover’s dream come true, and when paired with my current favorite raw food staple, the results are effortlessly tasty.
If you haven’t made Creamy Miso Garlic Sauce yet, then let this be another testament to its importance in your kitchen. Even if you aren’t a diehard raw foodie, no one should miss out on this wonderful and very versatile sauce. Don’t believe me? Well, stick around so I can prove you wrong – or at least make you hungry!
Cream of Asparagus Soup
Yeilds roughly 4 cups of Soup
Step 1: Asparagus Prep
- 1lb of asparagus sliced thin on the bias = 3.5 cups total
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Toss all of the above ingredients together.
2. Cover the asparagus and place it in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours (overnight is even better). This allows the asparagus to tenderize slightly, as well as develop a fuller flavor.
Step 2: Making the Soup
All of the marinated asparagus from Step 1
- 1 c Creamy Garlic Miso Sauce
- 1 c Water
- 1 Tbsp unpasteurized Mellow White Miso
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
Place all of the above ingredients into your food processor and puree for 3 minutes.
Warm or Chilled?
It’s totally up to you; either way, this soup can stand on its own two feet.
Gently warm your soup in a sauce pan over a low heat, using a thermometer to monitor the heat level, making sure not to exceed 118 degrees.
Serve your soup chilled with a garnish of fresh chopped dill, parsley, cracked black pepper or even better – fresh avocado!